This job is currently Archived,
Technical Specialist - Ireland
Posted on : 12 April 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- The Process and Analytical Development (P&AD) group require a Technical Specialist with strong bioassay experience to provide multidisciplinary expertise and technical support to the P&AD team.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the effective and efficient running of the Bioassay projects and will be active members within the wider Technology team to provide Technical support, guidance and expertise to ensure the success of the Bioassay.
- Good knowledge of working practices required for working in a Bio assay laboratory (e.g. good aseptic techniques, ELISA, cell biology, cell culture, etc.)
- Support assay optimisation/remediation within the Bioassay area
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, including bioassay optimisation/redevelopment
- Analytical Technology Transfer
- Preparation of documentation associated with the projects in accordance with GDP (good documentation practice) and site procedures.
- Adherence to project timelines
- Participate in cross-functional problem solving teams for troubleshooting, and investigations within Quality in Briny, other company Sites and contract laboratories as required.
- Commissioning and Qualification of various lab equipment and design and execution of assay and equipment validation studies and ongoing monitoring bio assay.
- Prepare, review and approval of technical documents, procedures, CAPAs, change control, deviations, metrics, etc.
- Actively pursue development opportunities to increase the skill set and experience within the group through continuous education, job rotation, cross-functional training, Lean Six Sigma, etc
- Collaborate with internal partners (i.e. other sites, R&D) and externally with CROs
- Actively Participate in a culture of Continuous Improvement and process optimisation by deploying Six Sigma tools within cross functional.
- BSc in a relevant Science discipline
- Experience with ELISAs
- Self-motivated and ability to work as part of a team with good project management Skills
- High level written and verbal communications with advanced PC skills
- Knowledge and experience of operating in a development lab environment
- Ph.D./M.Sc. qualification (Science)
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean methodologies,
- Commissioning, Qualification and Bioassay Validation.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Engineer, Lean Six Sigma, Scientific, Laboratory, Technical Support, Engineering, Management, Science, Technology