|Advanced Bionics is a global leader in developing the most advanced cochlear implant systems in the world. Always focused on innovations that improve quality of life, AB has consistently made the industry’s leading advancements in hearing technology. In fact, with six sound coding programs, we offer more ways to hear than any other cochlear implant company. |
Our company is part of the Sonova Group, the leading provider of hearing healthcare solutions and parent company of Phonak, the leading hearing instrument brand.
As an AB employee, you will contribute to advancing biomedical technology worldwide and work on challenging projects with smart, driven, friendly people.
AB provides thriving work environments around the globe; each fosters creativity, teamwork, global competitiveness, and professional growth.
Experience the professional and personal fulfillment that comes with making a difference in people’s lives. Apply to Advanced Bionics today.
|Advanced Bionics / USA / Valencia (CA)|
|Technical Specialist - AOC|
| Tasks & Responsibilities |
Purpose of the job: Auditory Technical Specialists provide acute technical support to the sales and clinical field team and cochlear implant centers, including advanced and challenging systems troubleshooting. Primary duties include supporting the internal Technical Support Hotline (Audiology On Call) process, tracking clinical and technical issues in the field, providing programming support for difficult cases, integrity testing, support for surgical cases, and assisting with Clinical Trials and product investigations. This position reports to the Snr. Manager, Clinical Engineering.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
I. Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide primary support for the Technical Support Hotline (Audiologist On Call) program to ensure that clinical and technical support in the field is of the highest standard
2. Provide clinical advice for Clinical Specialists for difficult clinical cases.
3. Provide back up support for regional teams when there is a shortage of Clinical Specialists.
4. Provide follow-up and feedback to management and the quality organization regarding field reliability, patient-related issues, and analysis of field issues. This can occur in meetings, conference calls, written reports, etc.
5. Provide back up support for surgical cases when Regional Managers or the OR Support Specialist can not attend a case.
6. Provides technical training to the field organization and other internal groups (e.g. customer service). This training may take the form of oral presentations, webinars or the development of written materials.
7. May assist with specific product enhancement projects
8. Support Clinical Research for IDE trials of new products through training trial sites and monitoring their compliance with the study protocol.
9. Offer expertise for Safety Review Board and Explant Review Board.
II. Specialized Knowledge & Skills
1. Understanding of the application of cochlear implants
2. Understanding of the field of audiology
3. Communication style should be clear, concise, and confident
4. Must be able to work in high pressure situations, while remaining calm, and foster constructive relationships with internal and external customers
5. Must be willing to travel 30 to 40%
6. Must be a self-starter with schedule flexibility
| III. Experience |
1. Must have 3-5 years of experience in a medically-related setting, preferably in the implantable medical device industry
2. Field experience a plus
IV. Education & Training
Master's degree or higher in Audiology
V. Physical Environment/Working Conditions – e.g. assembly line, lifting requirements (up to __ lbs.) etc.
1. Home based or In House office environment
2. Required to be able to carry necessary equipment (up to 40 lbs) into the field
3. Air travel
VI. Internal Contacts
1. Education & Training
2. Sales and Clinical Field Staff
3. Marketing organization
4. QA organization
5. R&D organization
6. Customer Service
VIII. External Contacts
1. Cochlear implant centers
3. 3rd party manufacturers
Must be available PST.
|Advanced Bionics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.|
|Advanced Bionics LLC |
28515 Westinghouse Place
Valencia, CA 91355
+1 661 362 4747