Technical Services Veterinarian - Companion Animal (Northern Illinois, Michigan) Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The field technical services veterinarian position is designed to support the technical needs of the sales regions. In doing so, this individual will interact with our customer base on a technical level, giving presentations in at various venues local and national, and train sales representatives on the use of technical data during sales calls. The technical services veterinarian will also coach sales reps on technical selling. The technical services veterinarian will also assist in preparation presentations, serve in a technical capacity on marketing brand teams.
- Participate in technical "ride-withs" and “in-services” with the sales force. 50%
- Serve as the region’s technical expert, evaluating regional and individual technical training needs of the representatives and coaching sales reps in technical selling skills15%
- Prepare and deliver technical lectures on our product line to VMA’s and professional veterinary organizations. 10%
- Teach sales training classes to our sales representatives and distributor sales representatives. 5%
- Report back to headquarters on new trends in veterinary medicine. 5%
- Meet with key opinion leaders and veterinary school faculty to discuss potential new business opportunities 5%
- Represent Merck AH at Veterinary Schools, Professional Veterinary Associations and Conferences 5%
- Monitor Phase IV market support trials. 5%
- Execute responsibilities with a moderate degree of independence.
- Assist Marketing Liaisons as needed with preparation of presentations and marketing communications – Occasional.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) degree
Required Experience and Skills:
- 3 years experience in clinical companion animal veterinary general or specialty practice
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Competency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Must be able to work effectively with our customers and our sales force
- Practical and industrial experience
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience with companion animal vaccines and parasiticides; industry experience, research experience, other advanced degrees.
- Board Certification in a relevant veterinary specialty
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Scientific Sales Affairs
Job Title:Customer Mgr, Scientific Sales Affairs
Primary Location: NA-US-IL-Chicago
Other Locations: NA-US-Michigan, NA-US-Illinois
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Veterinarian, Communications, Marketing Communications, Animal Health, Veterinary, Marketing, Research