Technical Services Specialist - United States
Tecan is a leading player in the fast growing global life sciences equipment and supply industry. We are specialized in the development, production and distribution of automation solutions for laboratories in the market segments of life sciences, clinical diagnostics and forensics.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative company and to be an active member to participate in our business. For the Service and Consumables unit we are looking for a:
Technical Services Specialist
Location – Raleigh, NC
The Technical Services Specialist will provide direct technical support to all Tecan customers, and Tecan Sales and Automation Engineers using remote technology. The successful candidate will support Quality Systems and Quality Policies by following procedures, work instructions, and proper documentation to meet quality system regulations and ISO requirements.
Your main tasks:
· Answers customer and Tecan staff technical inquiries via telephone, e-mail and/or voice mail. If inquiry/problem can’t be resolved, then dispatches Field Automation Engineer to customer site for resolution. Follow-up is required through resolution. 60%
· Interacts with customers and internal personnel to document circumstances and conditions that result in a complaint. 15%
· Arranges for shipment of parts or instruments to customer sites and ensures Return Service Order’s are properly returned and tracked. 10%
- Rotates cell phone coverage with other Technical Services Specialists. 10%
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge of instruments and products by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies. 2%
- May assist in trade shows or training as needed. 3%
For this position we are seeking a candidate with a BA or BS degree in, Biology, Chemistry, Medical technology, Robotics, Automation or related fields. The successful candidate should have 1-3 years automation/instrumentation experience. Well-developed PC skills including MS Windows 2000/XP, Windows 7 and Office Suite are necessary. Professional phone etiquette and communication are requirements of the position. Must be able to work well under pressure, and to handle several tasks simultaneously using strong organizational skills.
Please apply online and submit your resume to: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15578621
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. If you need assistance applying for this position please call Human Resources at (800) 338-3226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org