This job is currently Archived,
Technical services/Manufacturing Sciences Representative - Ireland
Posted on : 23 May 2017
- For more than 139 years our company has been committed to bringing life-changing medicines to those who need them, advancing the understanding and management of disease, and supporting communities where we live and work.
- We’re proud of our heritage, and at our manufacturing site, we value integrity, excellence, and respect for people.
- Understand the purpose and science of the process; have an in-depth knowledge of the science (including analytical) behind the molecule and the process.
- Provide on the floor technical support for manufacturing operations; Have a working knowledge of the manufacturing equipment set and control system.
- Understand historic and potential failure modes for the process and equipment.
- Play a lead role at developing and implementing the process control strategy.
- Be able to assess whether process is in control and capable of meeting its stated purpose and is in a constant state of validation.
- Document and communicate work and learnings.
- Understand and be compliant with regulatory expectations.
- Leverage internal and external expertise to improve existing production processes.
- Work as a cross-functional team with members of QA, QCL, Tech Services Lab, Ops, H&S, Warehouse and bring deep technical expertise to the team.
- Partner with Tech Services Lab to identify and plan process optimization work and investigate process issues.
- Establish partnership with operations to understand interface between the science/engineering with the operations on the floor.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of Honours Bachelor’s Degree level in Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry or related discipline is required.
- Candidates with a higher level degree (MSc/ PhD) will also be considered (see additional information below).
- Demonstrated excellent technical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in and facilitate decision-making.
- Candidates with a relevant bachelor’s degree require at least 7 years of relevant biotechnology industrial process development and/or manufacturing experience.
- Direct experience of manufacturing technical support/ operations for biotechnology processes is highly desirable.
- Less experience will be considered for candidates with higher levels degrees and relevant experience, or for outstanding candidates with demonstrated experience and high potential.