Technical Services Manager - Poultry (North Texas or Arkansas) Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This position is responsible for providing technical support to Sales and Marketing for Merck Animal Health products (biologicals and pharmaceuticals) specific to the US Poultry business. Responsibilities include providing technical support for poultry products and programs, including response to product inquiries and adverse reports in accordance with internal, FDA, and USDA regulatory policies. The position will require developing trial protocols, monitoring and summarizing clinical and marketing support trials specific to poultry health. Position will be required to maintain contact with key industry professionals to include academic, veterinary related individuals or groups. Additional duties will include attending and presenting in prominent industry scientific meetings.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver a high level of technical expertise, service and support to MAH Poultry sales in the US. Assure those services are provided within corporate objectives and within budget guidelines.
- Technical service includes but is not limited to: involvement in the development of new products, development of vaccination programs and protocol for use of pharmaceuticals, product use directions, adverse event reporting, dealing with poultry health issues in customer’s operations, customer complaints and education on new products from MAH.
- Travel will compose at a minimum 60% of incumbent’s time. Travel responsibilities will be prioritized by value of customer and return of travel investment.
- Participate as a scientific speaker on the agenda of key Poultry industry meetings where needed by communicating non-proprietary company research and representing MAH as a source of highly valuable technical expertise.
- Assist research and development team with product evaluation, licensing trials and product development for all MAH products. Perform field trial evaluation of newly license products to offer technical support information for those particular products.
- Obtain information regarding customer needs through various channels, networking and customer visits, providing feedback to prioritize research and development needs
- Work with the marketing team on key business initiatives to aid in development of technical and marketing brochures for MAH products.
- Act as a liaison between prominent researchers in university, government and private settings to supply MAH with stream of information regarding innovative products and developments within the research world.
- Communicate between various MAH departments, as needed, to aid in delivery of product to customers, i.e. International Registration, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Production, etc.
- Provide Sales force training as well as guidance on product implementation for external customers.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Must have a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M) degree plus a post graduate program in poultry health.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Candidates must have working knowledge and experience with required poultry expertise/management skills including development and implementation of health programs, as wells as applied research protocol.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in poultry health
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, including good presentation skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills
- Must be available for travel up to 60% of the time
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Scientific Sales Affairs
Job Title:Sr. Acct. Mgr, Scientific Sales Affairs
Primary Location: NA-US-TX-Dallas
Other Locations: NA-US-Arkansas, NA-US-Texas
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Product Development, Veterinarian, Information Technology, IT Manager, Research, Veterinary, Technology