This job is currently Archived,
Technical Services Manager - Thailand
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 26 December 2016
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB
- Provision of effective technical services to distributors and customers in support of the achievement of the Regional business goals.
- To actively participate in the Regional Sales & Marketing team.
KEY RESULTS AREAS/CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Achievement of regional business and sales goals
- Competence of sales team & distributors in technical/product knowledge and value selling
- Effective technical service programmes
- Fast, responsive technical support to key customers
- Strong relationships with central marketing/technical support group
- Customer satisfaction, both internal as well as external (distributors and end customers)
- Effective communication with distributors and customers
- Provide technical support to distributors/dealers/customers to win/sustain sales as part of customer strategy agreed with the Regional Business Leader, Subregional Sales Leader and Regional Industry Leader
- Effective management/dissemination of product research/application data/information and assay data to distributors and customers.
- Manage product evaluation and development trials with contracted research institutes as well as key customers, liaising with HQ Research and Technical Services Managers as necessary.
- Effective training and development of distributors to develop and sustain their value selling capability.
- Maintain active technical learning that ensures company technical leadership in the market place.
- Regular scientific input to central marketing group’s technical learning and vice-versa.
- Assist the company sales and industry to organize industry seminars, prepare technical presentations on all company products relevant to the targeted market segments.
- Preparation and submission of SE Asia/ANZ region annual technical services programme budgets in consultation with Regional Business Leaders,Sub-regional Sales Leader, Regional Industry Leader and Global Technical and marketing group.
- Ensuring territory specific technical needs and opportunities are effectively communicated to Regional Business Leaders,Sub-regional Sales Leader, Regional Industry Leader and Technical and marketing group and develop programmes to exploit the opportunities and meet customer needs
- Ensure quality compliance in the technical services and research area within the territory
- Train and ensure Distributors conform with product safety, storage and handling procedures.
- Support product regulatory compliance for the territory and assisting Regional Business Leaders, Sub-regional Sales Leader, Regional Industry Leader and Global Technical and marketing group. Regular reporting to Regional Business Leader and Sub-regional Sales Leader on technical service and market development programmes, market opportunities and competitive intelligence
- Publish regular technical articles/papers, as part of corporate profile building and brand promotional strategies agreed with Regional Business Leaders, Subregional Sales Leader, Regional Industry Leader and Global Technical and marketing group
- Maintain contacts and good relationships with opinion leaders, regulatory authorities and other technical authorities to influence policy in favour of company commercial position.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining close interactions with consortia, universities, and key customers.
- Presentation of research papers/data at appropriate scientific/industry seminars/conferences
Qualifications & Experience:
- PhD Degree in Animal Science or Nutrition, ideally with marketing/business diploma or postgraduate certificate.
- More than 8 years industrial experience in animal nutrition as nutritionist or technical service role with strong Scientific background.
- Core knowledge in pig and poultry nutrition.
- Work experience in similar feed additive industry environment desirable.
- Distributor and customer relationships
- Technical and business acumen
- IT literate with strong problem solving/analytical skills
- Good self-organisation and time management
- Fluent in English language, other Asian languages an added advantage
- Feed Formulation skill
- Self assured, capable of working on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Team player, and motivation in operating from small international office.
- Good people skill and networking ability
- International in outlook, but with strong cultural affinity for Asian market sectors.
- Willing to travel extensively, often during personal time