Technical Service Representative - Canada
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Manage company Laboratories clinical diagnostics instruments in assigned territory.
- Service, repair and maintain company product(s) at customer site.
- Provide support and instruction to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of equipment.
- Serve as customer liaison on service related problems.
- Manage assigned customers within territory following established company guidelines.
- Troubleshoot, test, and repair new and existing diagnostic equipment/instruments.
- Perform preventative maintenance on existing equipment/instruments.
- Perform software and hardware upgrades and retrofits on existing equipment/instruments within specified time frames.
- Train customers and occasionally work colleagues on software and hardware associated with equipment/instruments.
- Maintain spare parts inventory.
- Respond to customer questions via telephone and provide technical on-site support as needed. Request backup resource when unable to resolve problem.
- Install new equipment/instruments, as needed.
- Complete service repair reports within 24 hours of call completion; show good judgment in keeping expenses within guidelines; complete bi-weekly expense reports and time sheets
- Will be required to travel outside of assigned territory to perform emergency service calls, as requested by management.
- Will report any and all issues that pertain to potential customer dissatisfaction with immediate supervisor and Account Manager.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by Management.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent English and French written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of HPLC systems or servicing Laboratory instrumentation, an asset.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Flow Cytometry.
- Degree in electro mechanics or electronics, or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years field experience.
- Experience with biomedical instruments considered as an asset.
- Ability to travel on short notice.
- Must be flexible with work and travel hours.
- Pre-approved overtime will be compensated according to applicable provincial legislation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to lift, push and pull approximately 50 pounds unassisted.
- Handling of biological substances from human and animal sources.
- Transport of heavy instrumentation.
- Requires frequent traveling out of town (about 20%) by car and airplane.
- Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.