This job is currently Archived,
Technical Service Manager - China - China
Posted on : 26 February 2017
- Provide leadership to the China technical service team to identify and secure new growth opportunities.
- Provide resource assignment to both site field technical support needs for both internal and external customers.
- Contribute to establish China Strategy that requires in-depth knowledge of key China customers and customers’ needs.
- Interface with key customers such as COMAC, AVIC, etc. to ensure ease of selecting Cytec company products, designing with Cytec company products and producing parts with Cytec company products. Need to make regular contacts with customers through F2F meetings and onsite visits.
- Provide technical input and feedback to the company for market growth and share gain opportunities to win “First In” position.
- Liaison with the Commercial team to ensure Value Selling Solutions are identified.
- A Ph.D or Master’s degree in Engineering or Material Science with 10 years aerospace experience is required. Master’s degree in Business Administration is preferred.
- Intimate knowledge of composites and adhesive products and aerospace applications primarily focused on commercial aircraft.
- Excellent verbal and written English and Mandarin communication skills combined with ability to prepare and present effective technical presentations.
- Front-end communication skill to influence customer engineering and manufacturing operation in the selection and use of Cytec company products.
- Ability to lead major material qualifications from qualification test plans to qualification test reports.
- Ability to troubleshoot composite testing and composite part manufacturing issues.
- Ability to diagnose where opportunities exist to insert Cytec company products through differentiated performance or total part cost reduction.
- Requires a dynamic self-starter and self-discipline personality with strong organization skills that enable balancing multiple tasks combined with an ability to make decisions with the immediate and larger consequence in mind.
- As a team leader, should be able to work semi-independently and with the team to achieve goals aligned with business objectives; while maintaining support from the requisite Cytec manufacturing sites.
- Must be able to interact with customers through all levels of interface from shop personnel to Senior Managers so as to conquer obstacles and drive Cytec key account objectives.
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to take on future leadership role.
- Has exposed to prior managerial positions and received basic management training.
- A senior level of composite processing knowledge in a variety of applications; hand lay-up and automation.
- Working knowledge Aerospace material selection, test, qualification and aircraft structural validation processes, including specification and control.
- Previous OEM Manufacturing Engineering or Materials and Processing experience.
- A working knowledge of the composites industry in China and Asia Pacific Rim; including the competitive landscape.
- Able to solve problems using systematic methodologies such as six-sigma, etc.