Technical Service Laboratory Specialist I, LAL - United Kingdom
Department Marketing Statement
Charles River is one of the world’s largest Contract Research Organisations with more than 10,000 employees in 26 countries and a market leader in the provision of product development services. At Charles River, we take a passionate approach to improving human and animal health. Our company is uniquely designed to meet the needs of our clients in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine and Agrochemical sectors.Responsibilities
Responsible for assisting with technical support to customers regarding LAL reagent questions, software questions and testing issues. Assist with coordinating and processing of LAL testing samples utilizing various platforms.
Position Located in Manchester.
- Work with manager to communicate with customers providing support for and testing questions and resolution of issues for the appropriate product line, with a main focus on LAL product line.
- Communicate with customers and CRL representatives regarding Endoscan V and other software programs.
- Work with manger in assisting with product returns and being the main contact for resolution of product complaints, following procedures and being the liaison between the customer and the home office and/or the appropriate production facility.
- Documentation of product complaints following the SOP.
- Perform RSE/CSE ratio determination/analysis and maintain appropriate records for use in final report/protocol.
- Perform routine contract testing for customers.
- Perform LAL testing for special studies as assigned encompassing a full range of LAL techniques, gel-clot, kinetic, endpoint and PTS.
- Assist with customer training.
- Perform IQ, OQ, PQ of equipment such as Tecan, Biotek, PTS and maintains appropriate documents.
- Prepare and stock supplies associated with duties.
- Interact with customers via phone and email to assign RGA/tracking numbers for equipment returned to Technical Service for calibration/repair.
- Perform testing to trouble shoot issues with instruments associated with the product line with a focus on microplate, cartridge, and tube readers.
- Perform the following
- LAL testing of contract, in-process, and finished products.
- RSE/CSE ratio determinations and certification.
- Training of other personnel, sales reps, and customers.
- Operation of kinetic LAL analysis systems.Responsible for proficiency in all SOPs in areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for documentation as required by company policy, cGMP and FDA.
- Responsible for proper cleaning and maintenance of the Technical Service laboratory and associated equipment and adherence to established safety procedures.
- Coordinate scheduling with other lab and field technical staff to insure coverage during work travel as well as leave.
- Capture customer information via related SOP’s, email, salesforce, service max as appropriate.
- Work with manager to communicate Business Unit product and services updates to Sales Team in a timely manner.
- Serve as a backup for Laboratory micro personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Associates degree in chemistry, microbiology, biology, or MLT Medical Lab Technology or related discipline.
- Experience: 1-3 years related experience, 2 years in LAL laboratory preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience May be accepted as satisfactory substitution for specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Other: Advanced computer and math literacy required. Specific in-house training will be provided and maintained on the employee training record.
This information will be used by Charles River for the purpose of recruitment and selection only and the administration thereof. The personal information that you give us will also be used in a confidential manner to help us monitor our recruitment process. In the event you are recruited, your data will not be used other than in the normal course of business and the administration of your employment with us. We may check the information collected with third parties to ensure its accuracy and we may also use or pass to certain third parties information to prevent or detect crime or in other ways as permitted by law. By submitting this application form to us, we will be assuming that you agree to the processing of sensitive personal data in the manner described above.
Note for Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Charles River Human Resources Department are currently managing this vacancy internally. Agency support will only be sought, if necessary, after the short-listing process has been completed.
In the meantime, Recruitment Agencies are respectfully requested not to contact the HR Team.How To Apply
To apply please send a full comprehensive CV to the Human Resources Department at MAR-HR@crl.com