Technical Service Associate - United States
- Our company is a global technology-based company that offers a broad range of instrumentation, consumable products, and technical expertise in the areas of Analytical Sample Preparation and Synthetic Organic Chemistry.
- Customers include research scientists at pharmaceutical and biotech companies, food and agriculture, personal care, fine chemical companies and scientists at major academic and government life science research centers.
- We are seeking a Technical Service Associate to evaluate, diagnose, estimate and execute repairs and confidence testing of company instrumentation.
- This position is an important Service Operations team member focusing on repair depot and demo depot execution and workflow.
- At times this position will also provide internally focused technical support for company field-based employees (Field Service Engineers and Sales Representatives).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Trouble shoot, diagnose, repair and verify operational performance of our company instruments and related consumables.
- Perform quality reviews of company demonstration equipment for kit contents and operation of equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures on in-house products.
- Meet established turn around and productivity targets as defined.
- Assist internal and external customers via phone and e-mail.
- Collection, data entry and timely reporting of all required information associated with Repair Depot, Demo Depot and Technical Support interactions.
- Take personal ownership of customer issues once assigned.
- Effectively manage assigned inventory and tools, keeping both well organized and accurately reported.
- Professionally represent the organization to achieve a positive image.
- Ensure clear and effective communication with both internal and external customers.
- Reclaim and refurbish instruments and high value components as assigned.
- Occasionally assist warehouse staff with inventory management activities during spikes and/or short staffing issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- High quality and timely execution of Repair Depot work orders assigned – ensure maximum preparedness by reviewing problem description with customer or TS specialist as necessary, order parts, complete work order and manage the closure including communication with customer when appropriate.
- Manage and maintain demo systems including inspection/QC, system repair, confidence testing and replacement of missing demo kit materials and ensure systems are back in stock and ready for immediate deployment.
- Timely and high quality execution of reclamation and refurbishment projects.
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation in a straight-forward, logical manner.
- Orientation to internal and external customer satisfaction.
- High-level knowledge on applications and instrumentation.
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical individuals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree in electronics or equivalent from two-year College/University, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three or more years of electronic instrument/product repair experience and/or training.
- Military service/experience desired.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to drive and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Office environment: the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasional travel may be required.