This job is currently Archived,
Technical Service Associate Charlotte United States,
Posted on : 14 June 2017
WHO WE ARE
- Our company is a global technology-based company that offers a broad range of instrumentation, consumable products, and technical expertise in the areas of Analytical Sample Preparation and Synthetic Organic Chemistry.
- Customers include research scientists at pharmaceutical and biotech companies, food and agriculture, personal care, fine chemical companies and scientists at major academic and government life science research centers.
- We are seeking a Technical Service Associate to evaluate, diagnose, estimate and execute repairs and confidence testing of company instrumentation.
- This position is an important Service Operations team member focusing on repair depot and demo depot execution and workflow.
- At times this position will also provide internally focused technical support for company field-based employees (Field Service Engineers and Sales Representatives).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Trouble shoot, diagnose, repair and verify operational performance of our company instruments and related consumables.
- Perform quality reviews of company demonstration equipment for kit contents and operation of equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures on in-house products.
- Meet established turn around and productivity targets as defined.
- Assist internal and external customers via phone and e-mail.
- Collection, data entry and timely reporting of all required information associated with Repair Depot, Demo Depot and Technical Support interactions.
- Take personal ownership of customer issues once assigned.
- Effectively manage assigned inventory and tools, keeping both well organized and accurately reported.
- Professionally represent the organization to achieve a positive image.
- Ensure clear and effective communication with both internal and external customers.
- Reclaim and refurbish instruments and high value components as assigned.
- Occasionally assist warehouse staff with inventory management activities during spikes and/or short staffing issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- High quality and timely execution of Repair Depot work orders assigned ensure maximum preparedness by reviewing problem description with customer or TS specialist as necessary, order parts, complete work order and manage the closure including communication with customer when appropriate.
- Manage and maintain demo systems including inspection/QC, system repair, confidence testing and replacement of missing demo kit materials and ensure systems are back in stock and ready for immediate deployment.
- Timely and high quality execution of reclamation and refurbishment projects.
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation in a straight-forward, logical manner.
- Orientation to internal and external customer satisfaction.
- High-level knowledge on applications and instrumentation.
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical individuals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate s degree in electronics or equivalent from two-year College/University, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three or more years of electronic instrument/product repair experience and/or training.
- Military service/experience desired.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to drive and maintain a valid Driver s License.
- Office environment: the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Find a Job Find Candidates