Technical Sales Representative, Analytical Products (Northwest, USA) - United States
WHO WE ARE
Biotage is a global technology-based company that offers a broad range of instrumentation, consumable products, and technical expertise in the areas of Analytical Sample Preparation and Synthetic Organic Chemistry. Customers include research scientists at pharmaceutical and biotech companies, food and agriculture, personal care, fine chemical companies and scientists at major academic and government life science research centers.
We are seeking a Technical Sales Representative to sell Analytical Chemistry Products (SPE Consumables and Instruments) in the assigned territory to CRO, Petroleum, Pharmaceutical, Clinical, Forensics, Academic, Government and related accounts. Responsible for growth (quarter on quarter and year on year), managing customer relationships and assistance in development and execution of strategic marketing initiatives.
The territory covered will be the Northwestern Region and reports to the Analytical Sales Manager. Travel within the territory is 3-5 days per week in the field directly interfacing with prospects and customers; overnight travel as required to support call frequency in the territory. Other domestic and international travel may be required periodically. Applicants must be able to support working out of a home office located within the assigned territory.
Essential Job Duties
- Achieve defined monthly, quarterly and annual targets for revenue, profitability for the territory and specific product volumes.
- Expand customer knowledge of Biotage products and uses via sales calls, seminars and hands on demonstration
- Identify and developing new customers relationships.
- Hands-on development and troubleshooting of SPE Sample Prep Methods at customer’s sites.
- Train customers on most successful ways to utilize our products.
- Coordinate and assist Biotage Chemists in the development of advanced or challenging SPE Sample Prep Methods at customer’s sites and in Biotage Laboratories.
- Provide feedback from customers to Sales Management, Marketing, and colleagues regarding results from use of Biotage products.
- Assist in sales of evaporation products by visiting customers and progressing opportunities when requested. Communicate regularly with the Inside Sales group to leverage opportunities.
- Perform hands-on demonstration of instruments and consumable products to demonstrate business value and product differentiation.
- Manage and maintain demo resources and other selling resources effectively.
- Ensure customers are effectively trained and realizing maximum benefit from their Biotage products.
- Provide on time and accurate sales forecasts.
- Timely follow up and qualification of leads and document results in CRM platform.
- Accurate and up to date documentation of sales activities and opportunity status in CRM platform.
- Represent the company at conferences as needed.
- Generate quotes and negotiate pricing within authorized limits.
- Provide accurate and on time standard reports and ad hoc information requests.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, BioChemistry or related field and/or 5+ years’ experience working in or selling into Clinical, Forensic, CRO or Pharmaceutical laboratory environment(s).
- Proven track record of success in sales and account management in a scientific field is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of (and experience with) HPLC and LC/MS method development.
- Experience in sample prep and method development in Biofluids is a plus.
- Exceptional customer service, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively, be a self-starter, be creative and have strong organizational skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, self-directed environment with shifting priorities.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and CRM software (Salesforce.com).
- Ability to work within a team
- Must be able to drive in the USA and Canada. Must provide professional automobile for travel to customer’s sites. Must be able to fly and rent automobiles.
- Must regularly lift and/or move 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Must be able to lift Biotage instruments from floor to lab bench.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, hear, sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and handle. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Field based position working at customer sites and in chemistry laboratories.
- Travel Required
- 3-5 (average of 4) days per week in the field directly interfacing with prospects and customers.
- 2-3 (average of 2.5) overnights per week.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Biotage welcomes ideas and the changes they bring; we treat each other with dignity and respect. Come join our dedicated, friendly team and enjoy competitive wages and superb benefits. Interested candidates click here to apply or go to the following URL:
Biotage is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and local governing bodies and agencies.