Technical Sales Manager
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Expected Travel: 35%
Employment Type: Full Time
The Technical Sales Manager will be responsible for increasing divisional revenue by developing and implementing sales plans, leading and mentoring sales staff on solution-based sales, implementing sales process improvements, and consolidating forecasting. They will also be instrumental in providing feedback to Product Management on market trends and competitive activity for use in future product and marketing activities.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Ensure all Business Units meet divisional instrument and solution sales budgets;
- Consolidate sales forecasting for each divisional business unit and product line to:
- Set and refine annual, quarterly, and monthly revenue plans
- Establish sales objectives and develop annual sales quotas
- Prepare and manage unit level forecasts for monthly production and operational plans
- Perform historical sales analysis and trending
- Provide support to senior leadership by coordinating the sales activities for measurement solutions and services into the industrial, research, and simulation marketplaces;
- Work directly with global partners, resellers, and inside sales professionals to manage key accounts and develop targeted sales strategies, emphasizing a solution based sales approach;
- Evolve NDI’s CRM based sales processes with the goal of standardizing sales tools between business units, realizing process efficiencies, and in general improving the pre-sales customer experience;
- Work with Business Development to identify new business partners and explore opportunities to expand sales into new markets;
- Monitor and analyze industry adoption trends and competitor’s activities as inputs to Product Management for use in product roadmaps, marketing campaigns, and global pricing strategies;
- Interface with internal resources to help resolve customer facing issues related to commercial terms, pricing, logistics, and service;
- Coordinate and represent NDI at customer, partner, and trade association events to promote Industrial, Life Science, and Simulation products and solutions.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering, mathematics, business, or equivalent;
- Minimum 10 years customer facing experience in industrial, high tech, medical, or other similar industry;
- 5+ years’ experience in account management and selling high tech capital goods to a sophisticated customer base;
- Experience selling products through OEM and reseller networks;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- A passionate and energetic individual with a keen focus on customer and partner satisfaction.
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Direct experience working within the portable metrology, simulation and/or motion capture communities.
- Direct experience using advanced inspection, reverse engineering, or motion capture software packages.
NDI is committed to achieving excellence in our Quality activities, which is dependent upon the processes, practices, and employees of NDI. Our objective is to maintain a Quality Management System in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, the US FDA Quality System Regulation as well as any additional regulatory requirements of the markets in which our products are sold. Employees of NDI are instrumental to our compliance efforts and are required to understand and comply with the QMS.