Technical Product Specialist | Management Trainee - United States
KARL Storz (company)
The Technical Product Specialist | Management Trainee works in-house training to set up new equipment, support customers and remote Field Service Engineers with telephone technical support, maintains Quality, SOP and CAPA documents. This position requires some travel (20%), often on short notice.
This is an in-training role with progressively responsible tasks assigned in the following areas as competency level permits.
- Maintain and service all models of Storz lithotripters in assigned service territory.
- Provide ongoing support for KSLA engineers as well as our customer base. Identify the need, design, develop, and fabricate parts and assemblies as necessary.
- Maintain the KSLA Quality Manual and draft updates as required.
- Keep accurate and updated records for FDA compliance.
- Assist in the development of applicable documentation for new products introduced.
- Serve as the lead in providing initial complaint reporting, and investigation documentation for submission to KSEA.
- Work with SMAG on identifying problems with all units and in the resolution to these problems, and provide initial documentation regarding equipment failures.
- Facilitate the maintenance of all demo equipment.
- Assist in the reconditioning of lithotripters as necessary.
- Assist with Parts and Logistics as required. Assist in identifying parts and assemblies to be stocked for each unit.
- Conduct the Technical Service Training program for the SLX-F2 for KSLA and customer engineers, as needed.
- A minimum education level of an Associate’s Degree.
- X-Ray service experience required.
- Experience working on large capital medical equipment in a hospital environment is a must.
- Must be able to interface directly with OR staff, clinical engineering, and sales managers.
- Possess a strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to internally process logical events.
- The position also requires a mature and flexible individual with strong customer service skills.
- Possess exceptional organizational and communication skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The successful candidate must be able to work independently, have good dexterity and the ability to lift 50lbs.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.