This job is currently Archived,
Technical Product Manager - Switzerland
Posted on : 26 January 2017
The Technical Product Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing plans to ensure commercial manufacturing readiness prior to initiation of launch build for vaccine products.
- Integrate with ultimate vaccine manufacturing strategies.
- Partnering with supply chain, tech ops, process development, quality, regulatory, procurement and others to develop and facilitate execution of robust, cross-functionally aligned Life Cycle Management Plans for supply of our vaccine products, which support long-term strategies pursued by Global Product Teams
- Working with operations, supply chain, and regulatory to develop production plans for commercial vaccines that address global requirements and meet sales forecasts.
- Analyzing manufacturing and distribution processes to support CapEx or other major supply proposals.
- Utilize same approach to identify and implement efficiency and streamlined ways of working.
- Develop and analyze Value Stream Maps (VSM) to understand all lead time factors, COGs contributions, inventory holds, touch points and activities along the path from raw materials to finished goods to health care provider
- Build on VSM understanding to develop and execute plans to build ‘manufacturing readiness’ into clinical stage programs to streamline integration with ultimate vaccine manufacturing strategies
- Lead cross-functional team comprised of supply chain, tech ops, process development, quality, regulatory, procurement and others to develop a robust, cross-functionally aligned Life Cycle Management Plans for supply of our commercial vaccine products.
- Plans should include cost goals, capacity planning and product extensions.
- Monitor and ensure execution of initiatives identified.
- Provide technical input and oversight to Global Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams for vaccine products.
- Address and overcome technical complexities of vaccine manufacturing in issue resolution, risk avoidance and opportunity realization.
- Partner with operations, tech ops, quality and GSCM team to build robust commercial manufacturing production plans that meet global requirements and sales forecasts.
- For CapEx or other major supply proposals, conduct analysis of manufacturing and distribution practices, including cost, lead-time and yield assumptions.
- Prepare reports and give presentations to communicate results of analysis.
- Identify system improvements in vaccine operations to improve process performance, manufacturing efficiency, and/or operations quality metrics.
- Identify and support implementation of efficiencies across supply chain in order to reduce cost of goods as well as streamline and simplify supply chain.
Qualifications EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- MS with a minimum of 10 years experience, or BS with a minimum of 15 years experience in vaccine/biological product manufacturing operations and/or industrial engineering.
- Team player who can balance the needs of an entrepreneurial environment with the requirements of commercial vaccine manufacturing.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of vaccine/biological manufacturing sciences and capital project execution is preferred.
- Demonstrated operational excellence / six sigma skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of life cycle planning. Direct experience with product value chain management and understanding of global regulatory dynamics is preferred.
- Proven experience working with suppliers and outsourcing partners.
- Proven experience in a matrix environment – able to lead and manage a team, serve as a partner, and influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to work with efficiency across multiple project teams and business functions.