- As Technical Manager you will develop and maintain business via direct customer relationships, strong industry networks, and technical support to the company sales team in order to strengthen our company’s expertise pillar and maximize our company's short- and long-term sales and profit goals.
- Your job will never lack variety: Having an excellent entrepreneur’s mind set you will understand customers’ needs, and translate them into executable sales and development projects. Acting on market opportunities (e.g. organic and new growth) will belong to your core competences.
- The job also requires an advanced knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry to be able to provide technical support and to develop R&D projects. If, furthermore, communication, decision making, value selling and entrepreneurship belong to your natural talents, we hope to hear from you.
- Being customer focused and capable of analysing their needs
- First escalation point for technical queries from sales team followed by escalation to central T&I product Application specialists
- Strong business/pipeline management and technical training of our company team and distributors.
- Identifying new opportunities for existing and new products/services
- Developing new projects by being the mediator between company’s Sales, Marketing and Application teams to rapidly grow revenue through both direct and indirect sales
- Creating and attaining strategic long-term, mid-term and short-term sales targets
- Lead and develop company SHE regulations and contribute to a proactive SHE culture.
Brand Development and Marketing:
- Promote key benefits and the company brand equities (together with Marketing & T&I)
- Prepare and present public presentations
- Ensure our company’s brand is well represented by ourselves and distributor in the market
- Represent customer needs and trends in the company T&I forums.
- Communicating openly with internal staff in the Pharma market to convey a timely understanding of customer needs and feedback on market trends
- The completion and maintenance of Customer profiles through CRM
- Monitoring technical queries for service enhancements
- Review tools, processes, and partners to continually build, improve, and capture our local market knowledge of North America.
What does success look like for a Technical Sales Manager in North America?
- Growing number of R&D contacts in the customer base
- Relationships and/or representation of North American regulatory or representation boards eg. IPEC
- Attendance at industry meetings and bringing back new insights in the Pharmaceutical world that might be applied to company excipient opportunities
- Satisfied customers who receive answers to their questions
- Key customer relationships where our company can ‘test’ ideas, new product opportunities
- A growing educated sales team on our company expertise pillar
- An increased number year and year of opportunities in the company customer pipeline
- Enhanced commercial success in terms of EBIT and Market Share
- Bachelor (must) or Master (preferred) degree in pharmaceutical engineering, health science, food technology, chemical engineering or related field would be preferred
- 5-8 years of experience in technical sales(experience in the Pharma industry preferred)
- Knowledge in pharmaceutical formulation and solution-providing preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic projects, with strategic program execution and planning skills
- Quick learner, energetic team player, driven by results, time management, passionate about making the deal and persevering until goal is achieved
- Excellent communicator (oral & written) combined with presentation skills in English
- We offer a highly dynamic and energetic work environment full of ambitious international growth opportunities and continuous learning, with an excellent remuneration package. We consider it important for our people to continue to grow.
- After all, your development is not only good for your career; we also benefit from it.
- That’s why we invest in relevant personal development.
- The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor.
- It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.