This job is currently Archived,
Technical Lead, Digital & Mobility - United States
Posted on : 26 February 2017
- we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease.
- Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
- To strengthen our IT Hub, we are looking to fill the position of Technical Lead, Digital & Mobility.
- The Technical Lead, Digital & Mobility works within a global scope and defines and leads (as an individual contributor) technical application architecture and design for digital and mobility for near, offshore and global teams.
- Works actively within a DevOps culture to develop and deliver solutions around mobility, web development, digital asset management and others.
Responsible for the software development life cycle of digital assets including websites, mobile apps, connected devices, etc. Being developed by the his/her own development team, the solution will be executed by cross functional teams and organized according to a balance of business priorities as well as long and short term technology needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for the development teams’ deliverables and solutions.
- Set technical directions around mobility and digital initiatives.
- Foster innovation and look at new technologies to deliver value.
- Provide technology vision for mobility and digital and across the ecosystem, as needed.
- Execute on functional and technical projects around those functional areas.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and third party vendors
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry & Life science environment.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services.
- Define and communicate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing and operating IT systems.
- Advice, prioritize and control programs/projects as they relate to the selection, development, implementation and support of systems.
- Advice/Consult on business case justifications and cost analysis for technology spending and initiatives.
BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE:
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred.
- Excellent understanding of technologies in the digital and mobile stacks including Drupal, Xamarin, etc..
- Technical knowledge in implementing technologies in the area of web development, content management, social media, and collaboration tools, and others.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in similar roles.
- Very good understanding of Agile Development/Scrum Methodology
- Ability to innovate and translate vision and ideas into solution architecture and technical design.
- Ability to design, implement and support technology solutions in the digital and mobility domain.
- Healthcare background or experience is preferred
- Be willing to roll-up sleeves and code if the situation requires it.
MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS:
- Proven Leadership ability, including strategic thinking
- Excellent communications and negotiation skills
- Inter-cultural awareness / ability
- Understanding of systems development lifecycle principles, validation & qualification
- Self-motivated and directed
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience in working in a global company
- Shown successful IT change management and large projects
- Broad IT architectural understanding
- Experience with application platforms and infrastructure services
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system – or the central nervous system.
- With more than 7500 people in approximately 40 countries, our company offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive. Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at our company.
- Our company and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Job Segment: Drupal, Solution Architect, Change Management, Technology, Management