Technical Evaluations Specialist I - United States
TECHNICAL EVALUATION SPECIALIST I
What differentiates us at Alcami? Our people.
Help shape the future of medicine and join us – we are a pharmaceutical contract development manufacturing organization (CDMO).
Alcami Corporation is the first company to offer a solution that is tailored to small and mid-size pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. We offer a range of services from four distinct pillars: Development Services, Analytical Testing, Drug Product, and APIs. Beyond that, we can integrate our services so customers experience a simplified engagement with a single project management relationship, full visibility from development into manufacturing, and shorter turnaround times. With six locations in the U.S. and a global location in The Netherlands, the Alcami family is growing rapidly. Picture yourself at Alcami and apply today.
The Technical Evaluations Specialist I will assess Request for Proposals (RFPs) received from Sales/Business Development or clients. Work may be reviewed by direct management or higher level personnel within the team. This level may also conduct peer-reviews of work completed by other team members. Developing Proposals and associated costing and budgets will be the primary activity for this position.
As the TECHNICAL EVALUATION SPECIALIST I, you will:
- Perform technical evaluations of incoming RFPs and existing program extensions across our capabilities in area of support. Technical evaluations will include proposed scope of work and costing.
- Compilation of the technical evaluation into appropriate templates and proposal generation
- Assess most suitable manufacturing / project options as part of technical evaluations with scheduling and operations
- Represent technical operations in front of customer in support of project acquisition with Sales & Business Development or Project Management
- Support appropriate customer site visits, planning meeting logistics, and customer presentation preparation for new opportunities.
- Data base and document repository compliance (CRM).
- Accurate and timely data entry into the applicable CRM system.
- Adheres to Company policies and SOPs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering with 4+ years of industry experience or Chemistry / PhD degree with 2+ years of industry experience.
- Basic understanding of FDA regulations / ICH guidelines.
- Basic understanding of U.S. Drug Development process.
- Basic understanding of regulatory requirements for Clinical and Non-Clinical industries
- Good understanding of activity costing, margins, and budgets.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills.
- Strong customer- focus and service orientation.
- Basic understanding of scientific terminology and testing procedure requirements as related to area focus.
- Strong computer knowledge especially in Excel, Word and CRM.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Works under minimal direction; independently and makes requests for clear direction.
- Demonstrates the understanding of the interdependencies of process chemistry, analytical development and manufacturing necessary to support specific assigned area(s).
What we offer you:
- Profit sharing bonus plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
- A menu of voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurances
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take the time when you need it
- To complement your personal financial strategy, we also have 401(k) matching
About our facility:
Located in Germantown, Wisconsin, Alcami is part of the growing southeast Wisconsin biotech/pharma cluster. The area boasts global market leaders in contract pharmaceutical services, and a rapidly growing number of academic incubators. A short drive from Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee, Germantown offers residents a small town quality of life with convenient access to major Midwest cities. Residents enjoy an excellent school district and many local recreation attractions, in addition to national sports teams (Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks), and a vibrant waterfront park community that includes world class art museums and children's museums.