Technical Delegate-Commercial (Antibody Sales Specialist) - France
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Responsible for selling AbD Antibody products and Services in the assigned territory to Biotech Pharma and other Life Sciences customers, including multi country key accounts. Manage and develop key accounts to grow the business with these customers, as well as prospect for new industrial business.
- The role requires selling at all levels with the technical, manufacturing and commercial stakeholders all requiring a distinct sales approach in these organisations. With all accounts managing local engagement between our company and the customers, from Scientist level up to executive and C-level, throughout all relevant business and R&D units in order to grow Antibody products and services share with the key accounts.
- Manage key accounts with key influencers based in the region focus on France, Italy, Spain, some of which may span to other global geographies. Develop a competitive sales strategy for each account with clear objectives and aligned actions.
- Create account plans for each account and manage the execution plan against each of these plans.
- Build and maintain a pipeline and forecast of all sales opportunities within these accounts and actively manage these in the CRM systems.
- Competes for all existing and develops new sales opportunities within the territory to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Maintain and grow business within the existing key accounts.
- Maintain all action plans to ensure all information and communication between our company AbD Serotec and the customer is up to date.
- Co-ordinate all issues with key clients between sales, support, customer services, marketing and finance.
- Drive the sales activity into the key accounts across all of our company AbD product lines, liaising with other teams (Sales Administration, Production and HulCal Specialists) where appropriate to assist in this process.
- Achieve sales targets in assigned territory
- Develop and maintain relationships with industrial customers
- Execute a sales strategy in key academic accounts
- Visit customers on a regular basis at their accounts or at scientific conferences and meetings
- Maintain CRM system, manage the sales process for all company AbD Serotec product opportunities
- Identify new business across all company AbD Serotec product lines
- Facilitate customer queries and work with relevant business partners to ensure customer success
- Work closely with the HuCal Field Applications group to ensure the correct support and allocation to key evaluations of sales projects in the region.
- Gain market intelligence and provide structure feedback regarding new market trends and new product development opportunities
- Gathers, analyses and delivers information from the field to the development of strategies and new products appropriate to the antibody and custom protein business.
- Create activity reports, sales performance presentation as well as sales forecasts on a regular basis
- Ensures that all necessary resources needed are used efficiently and effectively in order to increase our company AbD Serotec business.
- Well organised individual with ability to establish short and long-term business objectives and have a demonstrable record of measuring performance toward those objectives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral), interpersonal skills, and sales skills, comfortable working in a matrix organization.
- Creative, highly motivated self-starter with good insight and problem-solving skills and highly able to effectively coordinate multiple tasks and projects.
- Strategic/consultative major/key account sales skills with solid business acumen, strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to understand and explain the business benefits of product features and capabilities
- Strong virtual team management skills, ability to work in a matrix environment providing directions and ensure focus on business objectives in assigned territory
- Ability to work at a strategic level within the account, however at the same time manage the detail with a hands-on mentality
- Ability to prioritize sales activities across a number accounts and work unsupervised to achieve agreed objectives
- Experience and expertise into pharmaceutical and diagnostic industry as well as our company companies using solution selling
- Very good command of English language
- Fluent in French and if possible local language
MS or BS in biology or related science field with a minimum of 3 years lab bench experience in a life science research or diagnostic laboratory.
- French and English
- Additional language prefered
- 3 -5+ years of proven successful field sales experience in laboratory equipment, reagents or services to life science and drug discovery researchers in academic and biotech/pharmaceutical companies – may consider related biological/analytical field sales support experience in lieu of direct sales experience.
- 3 -5+ years direct experience preferred in selling products for applications in protein expression and/or image analysis with experience in Senior Sales position and/or Strategic Account Management, preferably with domain knowledge from Biotech and pharmaceutical industry
- Familiarity with key customer accounts and major research organisations in their region.
- Extensive knowledge of Protein research techniques, industrial diagnostics applications.
- Proficiency in presenting technical seminars
- Proficiency in organizing time and territory activities in order to efficiently maximize sales results.