- Our company is engaged in the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of innovative animal health products.
- Our company is a world leader in developing products and services that enhance animal health, wellness and performance.
- Our products contribute to the production of an affordable and abundant supply of food.
- Our half-century of innovative products, services and global partnerships help to fulfill our vision of food and companionship enriching life.
- Our company continues to expand. Over the past few years our company has introduced new technologies to the swine industry which includes vaccines, enzymes, and therapeutics.
- As well, we continue to conduct ongoing research to support our current portfolio of veterinary and feed ingredient products.
- As a result of this continued innovation and a strong pipeline, we are in need of a Swine Technical Consultant .
- This position will give you an exciting opportunity to work closely with a highly energized, committed and competent team from across Canada helping to deliver value and technical support to swine veterinarians and swine producers. As well, this opportunity will provide the opportunity to network globally with company peers and industry colleagues.
Education and Experience
- The ideal candidate will possess a D.V.M., an established network of industry contacts and a strong oral, written and communication skills.
- The candidate must have at least 3 years recent experience and thorough understanding of the Canadian swine industry. D.V.M.s with post graduate training in swine production, nutrition or epidemiology would be an additional asset.
- Experience in other large animal species would also be an asset.
- Consideration will also be given to candidates with strong data management skillset and the ability to conduct regulatory and field research trials.
- You must also have superb interpersonal and teamwork skills, ability to work independently and be willing to travel within Canada.
- Our company offers an excellent compensation package, flexible benefits and a career development program.
- Our company will conduct, at its own expense, background searches (including criminal record check. verification of educational credentials, contacting 3 of your personal references, a credit record report and a driver’s license search) of the successful candidate.
- Our company is committed to employment equity.
- We encourage applications from qualified women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.