Technical Associate - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Set-up, operate, optimize, changeover/troubleshoot, and maintain assigned departmental production equipment. Responsible for meeting/exceeding production standards, maintaining product quality, minimizing/preventing equipment downtime, and sustaining budgeted waste levels on a daily basis.
- Has detailed operational knowledge of the equipment to the point that he/she can operate within specified quality/quantity limits.
- Sets up and debugs equipment to the specifications listed in specifications, plant policies, and Department Procedures.
- Deviations from these specifications must be cleared with the supervisor or Engineering
- Maintains equipment in working order to produce product within specified quality and quantity limits; adjusting, troubleshooting, cleaning and repairing as necessary.
- Is responsible for maintaining equipment logs for each piece of equipment, recording pertinent information about downtime and maintenance problems.
- Must have clear and legible handwriting.
- Repairs equipment within his/her capability and reports major problems to supervisor. Assists the Maintenance Department, LTA/Production Mechanic or Manufacturing Technician in major repairs.
- Performs preventative maintenance on the equipment as specified in the plant preventative maintenance (PM) program or as needed for smooth operation.
- Requires mechanical ability and knowledge of proper use of tools, proper troubleshooting and set up procedures,
- and machine blueprint reading.
- Starts up equipment and ensures proper functioning of machines and control panel. Monitors / replenishes component inventories and ensures all safety guards are in position and functional.
- Checks and cleans part tracks to ensure free travel of all component parts.
- Notifies material handler if part supplies run low.
- Shuts machine cycle off when a jam occurs and after clearing the jam, restarts the machine cycle.
- Maintains accurate production and downtime records (logbooks).
- Maintains a neat and orderly production environment.
- Continually monitors in-process quality, addressing issues as needed to prevent product holds. Performs and documents all required Q.C. checks.
- Runs all required process challenges. Observes all safety and environmental procedures and Quality System Requirements (QSR).
- Supports upstream and downstream operations.
- Performs rework as required.
- Able to function in a team environment.