Technical Assistant (CTA, PTA, MTA or BTA) - Germany
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 12 April 2017
- Our company is one of the leading research institutes within the fields of biochemistry, structural and cell biology, and bio medicine.
- With its 33 scientific departments and research groups, and a staff of around 850 people, the institute is one of the largest within the company.
- In the research group “Immunoregulation” is up a position available for a technical assistant (CTA, PTA, MTA or BTA).
The main responsibilities of the successful candidate will be tissue culture of embryonic stem cells for Crispr/Cas9-mediated gene targeting, large-scale gene disruption screening, and generation of precise mutations for hypothesis testing, advanced cell culture techniques to generate differentiated cells from ES cells including a unique method for generating T cells in vitro, cloning, advanced flow cytometry techniques including flow sorting, and analysis, including for Crispr/Cas9 screening and from primary cells, imaging analysis using the microscopy core facilities at the MPI-B. Extensive training will be supplied for flow cytometry. The successful candidate will work closely with the Group Leader to establish assay platforms for advanced immunoregulatory systems.
- The position is fixed term for two years with the possibility of an open-ended contract.
- Depending on the presence of the tariff conditions, a classification to salary group 9b of the collective agreement for the public sector is possible.