Technical Applications Specialist (Waterloo) - Canada
Technical Applications Specialist
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Reports To: Business Development Manager, Measurement Sciences Division
Expected Travel: 35%
Employment Type: Full Time
The Technical Applications Specialist will be a technical expert on all products within NDI’s portfolio. Using that expertise, they will play a key role assisting Account Managers to move customers through the sales cycle by consulting with end customers on their applications and requirements, recommending technology and solutions, performing demonstrations, and in general being a trusted industry expert.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Understand and refine customer’s technical requirements, perform project feasibility studies, and recommend technology and solutions that will solve the customer’s unique problems.
- Prepare and present demonstrations and technical presentations on these solutions, identifying NDI’s value proposition over competitive products.
- Work with Marketing staff, internal experts, and end customers to create data sheets, white papers, videos, webinars, trade show demonstrations, and technical presentations based on NDI products and unique customer applications
- Attend and present at tradeshows and conferences
- Investigate ways NDI products can be applied in new markets and applications
- Develop and deliver training programs for Customers, Distributors, OEMs, and internal resources
- Provide guidance to Product Management for future product developments by having a clear understanding of common customer requirements, industry trends, and competitive technologies
Education, Experience, and Professional Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience working with customers, creating requirements, conducting meetings, and presenting technical material
- Industry experience in measurement, tracking, guidance, or quality inspection systems is considered an asset
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- Aptitude for technology
- Proven ability to problem solve
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Commercially aware
- Willingness to travel globally
- Computer programming experience is an asset
- Multiple spoken and written languages are an asset
NDI is committed to achieving excellence in our Quality activities, which is dependent upon the processes, practices, and employees of NDI. Our objective is to maintain a Quality Management System in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, the US FDA Quality System Regulation as well as any additional regulatory requirements of the markets in which our products are sold. Employees of NDI are instrumental to our compliance efforts and are required to understand and comply with the QMS.