This job is currently Archived,
Technical and Customer Support Specialist Newark United States,
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 03 June 2017
- Provide world class customer service and technical support to global clients.
- Act as the principle customer liaison responsible for knowledge sharing related to report interpretation, service offerings, and recommendations for best solutions based on customer needs.
- Respond to customer inquiries related to internal sample processing, understanding of sample ID and comparison reports and initiate customer complaints related to any aspect of the services performed.
- Work with multidisciplinary stakeholders to investigate customer complaints and communicate resolution to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical and customer support to clients in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
- Perform continual evaluation of processes and procedures; suggest methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Educate and train clients to ensure they have a technical understanding of reports which describe the identification and comparison of their microorganisms.
- Contribute to customer satisfaction by meeting qualitative objectives, including customer account set up and CRM usage.
- Complete job review process prior to release of customer reports and distribution of jobs to OTC department for billing.
- Provide sample results to customers via email following comprehensive job review.
- Escalate special requests made by customers extraneous to standard sample processing and sample ID report content.
- Maintain log of customer communications through LIMS, SFDC and other information management tools.
- Collaborate with marketing to ensure customer information is captured in CRM system.
- Perform follow-up phone calls regarding sample receipt and customer concerns.
- Prepare technical memos in response to customer queries.
- Perform database management related customer data entry.
- Assist customers with use of the web portal including demonstration of capabilities of the platform for tracking and trending.
- Maintain special customer handling database.
- Serve as liaison between customers, sales, marketing, quality, data review, laboratory management and R&D to ensure customer needs are being met.
- Provide support for new product offerings.
- Initiate and participate in investigations to reach resolutions for customer concerns or complaints.
- Adhere to work procedures and processes that support company and departmental standards, procedures, and strategic directives.
- Comply with all aspects of laboratory safety, safety stations, safety manual, safety SOP and MSDS sheets.
- Follow all company SOPs and comply with internal Quality System & cGMP standards.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor s Degree (B.A./B.S.) in Microbiology or related field required.
- Experience: Three or more years in a customer facing or technical support role.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Must be able to use appropriate judgment in upward communication regarding department or employee concerns. Must have working knowledge of the Quality System. Must be customer service oriented and have excellent customer relations and phone skills. Must be a team player and have ability to multi-task.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
Find a Job Find Candidates