Tech Associate II (Digital Press Operator) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- This position will support the Copy Center as a Technical resource and report to the Copy Center supervisor.
- This position will include the daily operation of high speed printers and assist with bindery operations.
- This position will work with less experienced personnel in the daily operations of a print on demand Print Center.
- This includes bindery, the setup and operations of printers, both monochrome and color and manage a digital work flow.
- This also includes delivery of finished product to the customer's specifications.
- This position will learn the computer skills necessary to develop and proof customer photos and text and deliver to a finished digital product.
What you’ll be doing:
- 35% Operation of High Speed digital equipment. Both Color and Monochrome.
- 10% To assist in file manipulation.
- 15% Help with bindery and bindery projects.
- 25% Process STO’s in SAP (PTM)
- 15% Maintain and assist other print center staff in the use of the right angle folder.
What you need for this role:
- Knowledge of all print related processes. Needs to have Computer related knowledge for digital print processes.
- Needs to have good mechanical abilities.
- Clear and consistent communication skills. Both written and verbal.
- Digital Printer experience and Adobe Acrobat 8+ required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 4+ years experience as a Key Op/Digital Print Operator. Experience is a must. High Speed. Experience with imposition tools such as Quite Imposing Plus 2 and software knowledge of Pit Stop Pro 7+, Photoshop, QuarkXPress and Adobe InDesign, are desired.
- Technical or Associate degree or equivalent experience.
- High paced Print Center/warehousing environment (noisy, dusty, fumes with little privacy).
- Some lifting required (up to 50 pounds). The ability to multitask is a must.
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
- Opportunities for growth and training
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
- Great work environment
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.