Tech Associate I (Mechanical Engineer - Casual) - United States
What you'll be doing:
- This position is in the Clinical Diagnostics Group.
- You will design, using solid works modeling software, a sample tube spinner, sample rack and a bar code imaging system for a new generation HPLC system.
- You may also investigate a new sample tube piercing aspiration needle that will reduce sample carryover with minimal cleaning cycles.
- Preferably a senior pursuing a Mechanical Engineering degree, with plans to return to school in the following term (you are not eligible for this program if you have already graduated).
- Some modeling experience and the ability to conceptualize/communicate ideas.
- Problem solving skills.
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale).
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Be willing to make a full-time commitment of 40 hours a week for 10 weeks from mid June to mid August in the SF Bay Area.
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.