This job is currently Archived,
Team Leader, Scheduler - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 24 May 2017
Serve as lead scheduler in all protocol-required tasks for in-life studies, ensuring proper placement of employees into specific study activities based on competency and responsibilities. Additionally, schedule employee, department, and global training, as well as coordinate the department level study schedule and resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the generation of the Technical Operations departmental schedules.
- Ensure that all protocol-required tasks for in-life studies are appropriately scheduled in order to ensure study execution.
- Ensure the scheduling of daily work required across in-life studies is accurately and efficiently performed by the scheduler(s).
- Ensure department schedules are generated on time and reflect group/team expertise, study tasks and work load.
- Ensure overtime requirements are appropriately scheduled to be performed in order to meet the needs of all in-life studies.
- When required, ensure rescheduling of technical activities across studies is performed in order to meet the needs of all in-life studies (e.g., late doses, call-outs).
- Promote inter- and intra-departmental communication in order to facilitate and maximize performance associated with the scheduling of research projects.
- Provide technical guidance, and serve as a mentor to technical staff to help troubleshoot the organization of in-room activities.
- Contribute to initiatives around departmental improvement such as SOP revisions, department inspections, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Liaison with other departments in order to coordinate logistical challenges associated with the timing and collection of study-required tasks.
- Assist in monitoring procedural metrics to determine accuracy and relevance to study type and operational processes.
- Observe study related activities with the technical staff and become familiar with study related processes as needed.
- Assist in the monitoring (attendance tracking)/scheduling of global training sessions.
- Troubleshoot logistical challenges associated with workload and study execution.
- Provide guidance in the day-to-day activities of limited assigned departmental employees
- Assist/provide input to supervisor/manager regarding personnel management activities such as: personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.Identify department training and staff development needs and coordinate training session with the supervisors and the training department.
- Serve as a role model for effective time management, communication and utilization of resources
- Assist in the maintenance and communication of departmental systems and SOPs.
- Ensure accurate, high-quality work, and adherence to pertinent departmental policies, industry regulations, practices and procedures [GLP’s, SOPs, safety procedures and bio-safety protocols].
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned ..
- Education:Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent in scientific support/administrative or related discipline.
- Experience: 5 years of related experience in a laboratory or research environment. Previous experience in a GLP environment preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and sponsors.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheet and database desktop applications
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet