For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Team Leader, Research for our Safety Assessment site located in Ashland, OH.
Serve as lead/primary technician and perform technical duties, administer test substances, and generate data on any type of study (i.e., basic/complex/specialized). Perform clinical observations, sample collection, and monitor food consumption of animals on assigned studies. Handle, restrain, and provide care for all species of laboratory animals at the site. Provide leadership, technical guidance, and serve as a mentor to less experienced staff. Assist department management with oversight and daily supervision of technical personnel.Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in scientific related discipline.
- Experience: 4-6 years related experience in animal science, biology, chemistry/pharmacy, or similar lab environment or must have fully satisfied technical and experience requirements for the previous level. GLP experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the LAT level strongly preferred
- Other: Demonstrated interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, and leadership/supervisory skills. Ability to handle a variety of laboratory animals. Proficient in technical skills and the operation of data collection equipment. Knowledge of GLP’s and other federal regulations and guidelines relating to the care of laboratory animals required. Understanding of routine and complex study design and protocols. Knowledge of math to calculate and prepare dosing preparations/Formulations. Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Computer literacy including word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet