Team Leader, Laboratory Sciences Reno United States,
Charles River (company)
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Assist department management with oversight and daily super vision of technical personnel. Serve as lead/primary technician and perform technical duties. Generate data on any type of study (i.e., basic/complex/specialized). Provide leadership, technical guidance, and serve as a mentor to less experienced staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the department manager/supervisor and study technicians in the execution of all study-related activities required across all studies including the scheduling of daily work and technical staff.
- Serve as lead/primary technician, performing laboratory procedures and collecting and recording/documenting research data in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), study protocols and company policies/practices.
- Review study protocols and provide recommendations to study director/supervisor on technical and logistical aspects of protocol design.
- Assist in preparing responses to both internal and external quality assurance audits.
- Assist in study start up procedures requiring cross departmental interaction with all key study personnel.
- Promote inter- and intra-departmental communication in order to facilitate and maximize performance associated with research projects.
- Work with scientific staff to develop new techniques and/or models.
- Contribute to department operations improvement in areas such as SOP revisions, department inspections, and equipment maintenance.
Find a Job Find Candidates