- Assist supervisor/manager to monitor workflow and work assignments to assure required tasks are completed.
- Assist supervisor/manager to monitor training and performance of assigned departmental employees.
- Perform a wide variety of laboratory tasks. Maintain and perform record keeping.
- Review data recorded by others for quality control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide guidance in the day to day activities of assigned departmental employees to ensure accurate, high-quality work, and adherence to pertinent departmental policies, practices and procedures. Assist supervisor to prioritize workload of assigned group. Ensure schedule is prepared daily, accurately reflecting group and laboratory tasks and work load.
- Coordinate productive workflow in assigned area.
- Identify training and development needs of assigned staff.
- Assist in the development, implementation and delivery of departmental training programs; ensuring that assigned staff receive the departmental orientation and necessary on-the-job training.
- Act as liaison between technical staff, internal departments and Study Director
- Monitor performance of assigned staff. Assist in providing regular coaching and counseling.
- Schedule overtime as directed by supervisor. Assist in the coordination of vacation/time off schedules.
- Produce and maintain weekly employee schedule.
- Assist in the maintenance and communication of departmental systems and SOPs.
- Ensure that departmental equipment is maintained in good working condition and that departmental area(s) are maintained in a clean and orderly condition.
- Serve as a model as it relates to effective time management, communication and utilization of resources. Provide leadership and motivation to departmental personnel.
- Read study protocols and extract pertinent information.
- Perform all tasks in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- May perform, with a high level of proficiency, all tasks related to preparation and documentation of materials in support of sample processing, sample management and shipping, including sample receipt, log in, release and distribution
- May maintain applicable department calendars, mailboxes and databases.
- Perform a wide variety of laboratory tasks independently.
- Maintain and perform record keeping.
- Review data recorded by others for quality control. Assist in answering audit findings.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) required. Associate’s (A.A./A.S.) degree in a scientific field preferred.
- Experience: 4-6 years related experience, including GLP experience required, or must have demonstrated full knowledge of competencies and positive performance at the previous level.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Good keyboarding skills, proficient in utilizing personal computer, e-mail and standard office software packages (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database). Ability to work on assignments that are complex in nature where independent action and a high degree of initiative are required in resolving problems and developing recommendations. Act independently to determine processes and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance and oversee the activities of other support personnel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet