Team Leader- Accounts Payables US - India
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Are you a person with innovative thinking and proactive attitude with continuous improvement as one of your career objectives?
- Join GSC Finance Team and get a life-changing career!
About the department:
- GSC Finance is currently responsible for supporting Accounting, Finance & Procurement, Financial Planning & Analytics for Head Quarters, Region Europe, North America, International Operations & Global Service Center.
- The main purpose of our existence is to provide superior service to our stakeholders consistently and add value to the processes in terms of standardization and efficiency.
Categorise in headlines the key responsibilities that demonstrates the variety of roles that the organisation expects the position to fulfil
Key areas of responsibility:
- Demonstrates supervisory and analytical skills including coordinating day-to-day prioritizing of tasks and balancing workload across the team.
- Ability to lead a 10-15 members team
- Administers the performance appraisal process within the team.
- Monitors job performance of team members and provide constructive feedback.
- Actively works with staff to assess training requirements and develops plans to ensure staff needs are addressed.
- Coordinates processes and reviews invoices processed to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to recognize unusual transactions, trends, or variations and communicate findings and recommendations to the management.
- Thorough understanding of the process as related to processing invoices for payment.
- Ability to manage/monitor accounting close cycle for business line or a significant financial process.Initiates and facilitates the sharing of process knowledge and best practices within the team and across the Organisation, and is capable of impacting and influencing others.
- Coordinates, develops and maintains documentation on projects and team assignments.
- Proactively identifies, recommends and implements process improvements in procedures of team assignments.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Coordinates and contributes to accounting processes and projects with material financial statement impact and exposure.
- Proactively recognizes problems within scope of responsibilities, identifies options and solutions, then implements solutions.
- Able to develop/implement/monitor performance metrics.Sound knowledge of internal control concepts and processes.
- Maintains an awareness of the business, operational activities, and processes in areas pertaining to scope of responsibilities.
- Maintains strong technical accounting skills, and accounting systems and process skills, and has a strong knowledge of the Procure to Pay cycle.
- Ensures that monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close schedules are met.
- May be called to participate in the development and installation of system enhancements when required.
- Requires good knowledge of multiple systems and data flows.
- Requires professional interaction and communication, both within the organization and with client contacts.
- May be called upon to represent financial accounting matters on behalf of organization to internal and external auditors, and to other third parties.
- Highly self-motivated to work independently, within delegated authority, with minimal or no supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to work as part of a team, and a clear understanding of how assigned responsibilities impact other processes and the work of other people.Adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills.Develops implements and monitors performance metrics for team.
- Manage and monitor the process related controls such as Sarbox controls, Minimum and Local controls as per the set guidelines and timelines
- Proactively Works on Creating Adequate Backups for the Existing processes so as to reduce undue People Dependency of any particular process/activity
Main job tasks:
For each headline indicated above the job tasks should be described in more detail
Type of communication
Primarily interaction with internal stakeholder. Ensure support to the team in order to implement processes according to plan.
Degree of influence on departmental
The Team Leader is expected to take active role in the further development of the area
Innovation and change:
The position requires a person who is self-driven. Further, the Team Leader/ Associate Manager is a trouble-shooter who takes initiative and assists in solving operational tasks and the role requires a collaborative, flexible and entrepreneurial person
Education: Bachelor of Commerce
Experience: 7-10 Years of experience from finance BPO centre
- ERP (SAP) System knowledge
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Stakeholder Relation Management skills
- Customer mind-set
- Pro-active and Self driven
- Influencing skills