Team Lead - Warehouse - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the leading manufacturer of innovative hearing care solutions worldwide.
- The group operates through its core business brands offers its customers one of the most comprehensive product portfolios in the industry – from hearing aids to cochlear implants to wireless communication solutions.
- Founded in 1947, the company is currently present in over 90 countries across the globe and has a workforce of over 9,000 dedicated employees.
- It is a public company, traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
- It manufactures and distributes digital hearing instruments and wireless accessories to hearing health professionals throughout the United States.
- Our company is seeking a Team Leader who will be responsible for providing support to a supervisor or manager for a given area, may supervise a small team.
- The candidate will also train new and lower level employees.
- Provides support to a supervisor or manager, may supervise a small team of hourly production employees
- Train new and lower level production personal
- Manages the flow of material within assigned area and upstream / downstream processes to achieve TAT / WIP goals
- Ensures rush orders are expedited through their assigned areas
- Audit the production process for conformance to procedures and work instructions.
- Investigate process defects, visual, listening and test failures using Root Cause Analysis. Initiate and follow to completion corrective actions for these failures.
- Order and maintain appropriate inventory levels to minimize downtime
- Updates and maintains non-confidential documentation / records on an accurate and timely basis.
- Validate daily workstation clean up; check all line workstations are kept in a safe and orderly manner in accordance with 5S.
- Perform SAP transactions as requested
- Function as part of a self-directed team.
- This job requires the employee to be on their feet most of the day.
- HS Diploma / GED required, AS degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in electronics manufacturing - preferably in high volume - high mix electronics manufacturing
General Skills and Attributes:
- Expert in all jobs within a given area / line
- Understand: Lean, 5S, problem solving methodologies.
- Alternating sitting and standing
- Lifting and moving boxes that are less than 10 lbs
- Must be a self-starter who completes assignments and uses time efficiently.
- Computer experience, working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook); SAP Experience (or other ERP system) a plus
- Must maintain open communication with management and peers across all operating lines and shifts.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and promptness.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.