Responsible for maintaining quality, overseeing line stops, monitoring and coordinating the necessary resources to ensure that hour to hour production adheres to all Quality, Delivery, Cost and Safety standards. It is expected that this position will work in the operation for a minimum of 50% of the time and is expected to know all of the functions within the area they lead.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaches and trains associates to ensure compliance with all SOPs as well as Quality, Delivery, and other standards.
- Displays a high degree of teamwork, including completion of co-workers’ tasks. On occasion, will work in another departments.
- Trains coworkers, new-hires, or other employees to perform assembly steps or other tasks related to supporting the work cell/department.
- Supports and works with other departments as needed including R&D, Purchasing, etc.
- Lead associates on Gemba walks
- Oversees the quality, delivery, and cost of the hour to hour production for 4-8 associates.
- Monitors and reports on defects and abnormalities in quality and delivery.
- Tracks department metrics.
- Coordinates daily 5S activities.
- Responsible for line stops under 20 minutes, investigates root cause of line stoppage and takes appropriate action to initiate continuous improvements.
- Ensures all SOP’s and standards are followed.
- Conducts quality circles with groups.
- Conducts morning market with Supervisor.
- Aware of practices and processes utilizing current management tools
- Coordinates resources and materials to ensure takt times are maintained. Takes appropriate actions to address any defects.
- Assembles product associated with department production needs.
- Completes SAP transactions, resolves discrepancies and material transfers.
- Completes daily and post shift check list.
- In compliance with established procedures, the position requires the completion of all tracking, inventory, processing, and safety documentation.
- Ensure Light Cable, Light Fiber, and/or Light Guide delivery is met.
- Maintain P cards, including cycle counts.
- Oversees WIP and floor stock inventories.
- Maintains scrap log.
- Records areas of material waste and other activities that add costs to operations and shares that information with department managers.
- Minimum of 3 years prior experience in related field.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- General knowledge of math and ability to apply that knowledge to the advanced reading of blueprints and the use of basic measuring tools such as rulers, micrometers and verniers.
- Ability to read, understand, and apply the information contained in written procedures and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs).
- Must have an advanced understanding of the use of microscopes.
- Has knowledge of and is able to perform all jobs within area of oversight.
- Computer literacy and experience with all in-house applications. (i.e.,SAP,Word,Excel)
- Company Matched 401k
- Tuition Reimbursement (Up to $5,250 per year)
- 3 Weeks Vacation plus 8 sick days
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Leadership Development (not for every position – management only)
- Green Belt / Black Belt Certification Programs – KSE
- KARL STORZ University and other training and development programs.
- Fitness Reimbursement $200
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K, company matches 60% up to 6% of your annual income
- $1,000 Referral Bonus
About the Company:
As the largest privately held medical device company in the world, KARL STORZ has achieved global preeminence in endoscopes and medical imaging devices used in minimally invasive surgery. Our dedication to employee achievement and development through effective training and our commitment to a workforce that reflects and respects global diversity and the future of the environment have allowed KARL STORZ to serve our customers for over 60 years.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. KARL STORZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability.