- Reporting to the Tax Manager, the Tax Analyst will be responsible for financial reporting (ASC 740, FIN48 and SOX), ensuring all local, state, federal and international income tax returns are complete and filed and researching and resolving tax issues.
- The individual selected for this role will also maintain documentation to support IRS, state, local and international tax audits.
Other duties & responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifies, gathers, interprets and validates tax planning information to assist management with tax accounting consequences and reports.
- Stays current on regulatory, legislative and international tax changes.
- Works within the DOA and LOA.
- Assists in the maintenance of the department’s electronic systems and ensures that they are utilized effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a closely related field is required, a CPA designation and/or MST is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in public accounting and/or detailed tax experience in a large corporation is required.
- Computer literacy and advanced skills in the use of accounting/tax software along with a working knowledge of SAP, MS Excel and CorpTax or similar tax software is strongly desired.
- Must possess a comprehensive understanding of tax laws, financial reporting (including ASC 740, FIN 48 and SOX).
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to work independently toward multiple concurrent deadlines are essential to this position.