- Backed by an outstanding team of 7,600 employees located in over 150 countries across the world, our company is a global leader focused on improving human and environmental health. We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes.
- We make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment.
- Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
- We are seeking a seasoned, creative engineering professional who will work in a cross functional team environment of both engineering and scientific disciplines. The incumbent will research, develop, design, test and document improvements to our company's automation and microfluidic instruments from a system perspective, including software, firmware, electrical, and/or mechanical components.
- The exciting and fast paced environment of the campus provides the opportunity to work collaboratively with top engineers and scientists both locally and globally.
- Working with R&D and Business leaders, evaluate and scope new project opportunities.
- Lead proof-of-concept prototype efforts with from a system perspective driving studies and experiments in the initial stages of a project.
- As part of an innovative R&D culture, participate in developing patentable concepts, designs, and processes; and participate in the patent filing process
- Lead integration efforts from a system perspective in the development stages ensuring designs meet requirements
- Research, develop, design, test and document improvements to our company’s automation and microfluidic instruments from a system perspective, including software, firmware, electrical, and/or mechanical components
- Work with customers, marketing and senior staff defining new products and enhancements to existing products
- Assess Voice of Customer intelligence and business goals, develop user and system requirements with a multi-disciplinary team
- Interact with Support and Operations to assist in knowledge transfer, product transition, and technical support of our company products.
- Provide team leadership and technical direction up to and including project management when needed
- Work individually and in groups in order to provide innovative and competent design solutions
- Attend relevant conferences as assigned, author posters and give presentations
- Assist with data-generation and content creation for marketing documents, white papers, and other business publications
- Create and edit project documents within the IVD product development framework under supervision of a Project Manager.
- This role would have direct reports, and be expected to provide managerial guidance, direction, and administration.
- Requires a BS degree in an engineering discipline with 10 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; MS/PhD advanced degree preferred
- A self-starter and lifelong learner proficient in the development of scientific instrumentation
- Electrical, mechanical, or software engineering background.
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive ideas to product realization utilizing a stage gate process
- Demonstrated ability with electro-mechanical instruments and software
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and document the results, designs, and tests conducted
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Fluid dynamics background
- Physics background
- Understanding biochemical processes and their automation
- Understanding of analytical instrumentation and life sciences automation equipment
- SolidWorks or other modeling experience
- Software development technologies such as COM, .NET, LabView