System and Network administrator - Germany
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- In this role, you will manage and build up the IT infrastructure for our company, by analyzing requirements and installing hardware and software solutions.
- The ideal candidate will have minimum 5 years' experience in networks / systems engineering / administration to configure, deploy, and maintain servers and network equipment.
- You will be responsible for the administration of our company’s IT security, infrastructure and related equipment, routers, switches, servers, storage solutions etc.
- The candidate must have a high level of understanding of Windows Servers, virtualization technologies and network protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, etc.), storage solutions, and PowerShell Scripts as well as having hands-on experience in the analysis, design and deployment of IT infrastructure in an Enterprise environment.
- Setup and maintain a IT infrastructure for our company, includes setup of new physical servers and other network devices. Install and configure new servers, computer systems and associated hardware and software components.
- Maintain and run all central IT infrastructure including updates and patching
- Participate in building Standard Operating Procedures for GMP qualified systems and infrastructure
- Evaluate, and recommend servers, storage and network equipment and technologies
- Project Management of IT projects – may be in the role of sole implementer, project lead or as project manager on outsourced projects
- Plans and coordinates computer network initiatives
- Maintain timely and complete documentation of all infrastructure and internal procedures related to IT infrastructure using standard methods and procedures
- Provides internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to application developers, computer operations, workstation support, company management and other departments
- A proactive and positive attitude with creative thinking and willingness to attempt a wide variety of tasks as a part of the startup of our company.
- The System and Network administrator reports to of company Infrastructure Manager, but his main responsibilities are focused on our company operations.
- University degree BS/BA or equivalent in IT.
- Project management and other IT certification are a great benefit.
- Minimum of 5-year relevant experience, preferably in a global company in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Passionate about your work and creating quality solutions.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: Windows Server, Hyper-V, VMware, MS SQL, Office 365, Active Directory, RDS, Cisco, Meraki, Network protocols, MTA, MCSA, MCSE Certifications, TrackWise Quality Mgmt system.
- Strong knowledge and skills in servers, storage and network administration in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Knowledge of 'Good Manufacturing Practice' (GMP) and other pharma related practices are a great benefit.
Exceptional English skills in speaking and writing.