This job is currently Archived,
Support Services Supervisor - United States
Posted on : 11 July 2017
- Our company is a leading global healthcare company, delivers value to its customers and consumers by providing Quality Affordable Healthcare Products.
- Founded in 1887 as a packager of home remedies, our company has built a unique business model that is best described as the convergence of a fast-moving consumer goods company, a high-quality pharmaceutical manufacturing organization and a world-class supply chain network.
- Our company is the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter ("OTC") healthcare products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market.
- The Company also is a leading provider of branded OTC products throughout Europe and the U.S., as well as a leading producer of "extended topical" prescription drugs.
- Our company sells its products primarily in North America and Europe, as well as in other markets, including Australia, Israel and China.
- The Service Support Supervisor provides direct oversight of support staff in the operations areas to include among others, production clerks and technical writers, and may lead and provide direction to operational training staff.
- Drives a variety of continuous improvement initiatives within area of responsibility.
- This position ensures that operations comply with current Good Manufacturing Procedures and works to support the key compliance and quality improvement initiatives in the department. Monitors support activity to ensure compliance with established procedures and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Prioritizes and manages corrective actions from deviations, supports production supervisors and supports management.
- Works with safety coordinators, supervisors, and corporate EHS to support and drive safety compliance and initiatives.
- Sound judgement and good decision making skills.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, including well-developed problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong listening skills and proven ability to direct and instruct others in a positive manner.
- Good planning and analytical skills, and a thorough understanding of manufacturing or packaging processes.
- Proven ability to understand, apply, enhance, and teach written procedures, policies, and standards governing production processes.
- Demonstrated project management skills, computer literacy and familiarity with automated records systems.
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, engineering, or a related discipline required: consideration may be given to those who hold 6+ years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience including 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Minimum of four years manufacturing experience in a cGMP, FDA regulated or comparably controlled packaging/manufacturing environment.
- Greenbelt certification or equivalent experience in lean processes is highly preferred.