- Involved in drafting, as necessary, study plans, amendments, reports and SOP’s.
- Assist the study director in the report preparation and finalization process.
- Assist in the preparation of data for interim reports/updates to the sponsor.
- Participation in validation, training, and research & development activities within the department.
- The support scientist may be involved in observing procedures performed on studies.
- May interact with sponsors, when requested. Can serve as point of contact for the sponsor when the study director is not available, if requested.
- Assist in IACUC form preparation, in documentation of deviations from the protocol or SOP, compilation of the historical control data and various other publications.
- Possesses a DEC or BSc. or equivalent in science or related discipline.
- Is familiar with GLP regulation guidelines and SOPs, as they apply to regulated research.
- Has good interpersonal skills and is able to communicate in English.
- Has strong organisational skills and attention to detail.