- Under the direction of the GMS Site Leader and Network leadership, manages customer service functions for site and supports production planning/scheduling operations to ensure reliable, cost effective and quality/compliant product supply. Provide leadership and direction in accordance with the Company Vision, Mission & Values.Lead a Planning & Supply department and a Group of Managers with the responsibility of Planners/Buyers.
- Be active part of the Site Leadership Team.
- Provide coaching to a Planning Team to support the development of our continuous improvement culture aligned with the Site Vision.
- Manage medium/long term demand versus capacity for site and, working with Manufacturing and Quality operations, identify appropriate action plans to meet global demand requirements.
- Develop and maintain the team concept between Marketing, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Quality and Company Supply Chain.
- Ensure that short-term and long-term plans are driven by customer demand.
- Manage inventory and transportation logistics at site to network targets and implement competitive improvements.
- Establish and publish relevant metrics that accurately reflect site supply chain results, and identify focus areas for improvement. Optimize the generation of metric reporting, utilizing the system to efficiently plan and to optimize planning operations and manufacturing execution.
- Coordinate with key colleagues the planning and scheduling of new product launches.
- Assure production and component purchasing schedules support Inventory, Financial and Customer Service objectives.
- Develop solutions to problems involving manufacturing systems, and lead implementation, maintenance and validation of systems.
- Finance Costing & Budgeting: understanding of product costing and budgeting techniques
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Management or related discipline and minimum of 5 years related experience
- Strong knowledge of production, GMP's, inventory management and planning systems
- Previous experience managing production schedules using SAP
- Demonstrated ability to communicate efficiently and effectively to all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated managerial skills to direct planning and scheduling personnel to achieve inventory objectives
- Ability to make timely decisions when data is incomplete or conflicting
- Ability to understand and use Lean & RFT concepts and applications to resolve problems and improve our processes
- Proven ability to lead, collaborate, synchronize and motivate colleagues to meet objectives
- Knowledge of and experience with advanced operations management and continuous improvement approaches.
- Project management: able to lead complex multifunctional projects
- Good written and verbal communication skills in Spanish & English.
- MBA/MA in Business Administration, Management, or relevant discipline
- Previous experience Supply Chain systems
- Certified leadership skills in Production and Inventory Management (APICS, CPIM)
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing or Manufacturing Support experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt and/or Lean Belt is a preferential requisite
- Our company is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways.
- Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.