Supply Chain Management Summer Intern Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This position of Associate Specialist is designed as a 3 month internship for the summer of 2017. The role will provide a product level experience of interfacing between manufacturing and market needs. Leveraging the product experience the intern will also support a UIN level review highlighting opportunities to streamline product to market complexity while preserving customer focus. This role will also aid in the introduction of new branding for key US products for the duration of the internship. The successful candidate is:
- An individual motivated to cultivate their leadership skills along with their technical, business and commercial skills by applying their knowledge within manufacturing.
- Candidates should be committed to both their own career development as well as bringing their best to Merck.
- The successful candidate should be comfortable with influencing others.
- The candidate will need to be able to adapt to new roles, responsibilities, and situations.
- The successful candidate is comfortable working independently, working in teams, and leading teams.
- Candidates should be interested in participating in a broad range of work experiences across the supply chain organizations.
Maintain, develop, optimize and implement business processes in support of the SCM organization. Activities include but are not limited to:
Lead supply issue resolution as appropriate
Proactively identify and manage pinch points
Effectively communicate and escalate issues as needed within and outside of Merck AH.
Develop consistent practices and continuous improvement
Data gathering and analysis
Identify and implement supply chain productivity and innovation opportunities.
Collaborate with Marketing, R&D, Regulatory and other Merck business areas is support of strategic objectives. Communicate with stakeholders on making decisions related to Supply or Demand events
Maintain, develop, optimize and implement business processes in support of the SCM organization.
- Required: Currently enrolled in a BS or MS program in one of the following:
- Supply Chain/Logistics
- Business/Business Analytics
- Bio Engineering/ Biomedical Engineering/Biotechnology
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Material Science or Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3.0 overall GPA
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Madison
Job Type: Intern
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Relocation Provided: None
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Part Time, Seasonal, Supply Chain, Intern, Manager, Retail, Operations, Entry Level, Management