Supply Chain Buyer - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for supply planning/buying for key products on site and will involve close collaboration with Global Procurement to ensure smooth execution of all appropriate functions. The role will also encompass New Product Introduction Supply Chain activities and warehouse capacity analysis.
- This role requires the management of a stable process supported by a flexible, collaborate, multi-skilled teamwork environment.
- Close collaboration with multiple site functions (e.g. Procurement, Logistics, Quality, IPT).
- The Buyer/Planner will partake in the Materials Requirements Planning Process, ensuring production needs are met, on time delivery (in full and expected quality) of all raw materials, packaging components etc.
Activities within the Role (but not limited to):
- Planning, procurement and inventory management activities for a key MMD product.
- The Buyer/Planner will be accountable for the availability of raw materials, components etc to meet production needs and work closely with the Raw Materials Planner to maintain the production schedule.
- He/She will work with project leads, IPT Planners to ensure all activities consuming inventory is tracked on the MRP system.
- Building and maintaining Vendor relationships to ensure our Vendors meet World Class Supply criteria.
- Maintaining a continuous improvement methodology with our vendors.
- The Buyer/Planner will be an active member within a cross functional Team providing support, guidance and expertise to ensure World Class Supply of our products.
- The Buyer/Planner will model the company Leadership behaviors and understand the MPS principles to individually live a culture of continuous improvement to become a High Performance Organisation.
- The Buyer/Planner will participate and comply with the MMD Quality Management System (QMS) requirements, including ownership, as relevant to you.
- Degree or 3rd level qualification (Science, Engineering, Business, Supply Chain).
- Desirable evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Preference for Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Demonstrated knowledge in more than one pharmaceutical and/or chemical manufacturing operation (e.g. manufacturing, quality, engineering, etc).
- At least five years experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment including experience in a Supply Chain role (experience in a SC Buyer role desirable)
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills with a continuous improvement focus.
- Capability to interact and communicate with all levels of business leadership and operational teams
- Solid business acumen with strong analytical and problem solving skills. Strong organizational skill set.
- Demonstrated ability to fully realize improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated successes in a team environment, such as project teams, Six Sigma team, PITs etc.
- Good knowledge of systems, e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. MRP systems experience is an advantage.
- Stakeholder management of multi decision makers, colleagues, peers and cross functional teams.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time