Supply Chain Account Representative - United States
- An exciting career opportunity is currently available on the Customer Supply Chain team at company's US Headquarters.
- We are in need of a supply chain professional to join the team and assist with one of our largest, highest volume customer accounts.
- In this role you will provide assistance to Customer Supply Chain Account Managers with managing their accounts in an effort to exceed all service, inventory and customer goals. In addition to having a Supply Chain background, Supply Chain Reps should also have strong knowledge of the entire supply chain process from the time business is awarded on through to commercialization as this is essential to success in the role.
Other Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Processes and maintains all customer purchase orders to ensure a perfect match and align demand appropriate for supply chain execution.
- Meets customer service goals by responding to customer inquiries and providing accurate information to account managers and customers alike.
- Prepares a variety of reports to assist account managers in managing their accounts, including retrieving and analyzing data from SAP or customers’ systems, identifying problems or trends, and presenting data in an effective manner through summaries, graphs, or written reports.
- Maintains positive relationships with external and internal customers (i.e. Sales, Traffic, Distribution, Demand Management, Master Data, Scheduling and Inventory Management, etc.) and develops account strategies necessary to gather information as needed for the account manager or the customer.
- Researches and resolves customer problems, particularly in the absence of assigned account manager, to maintain and improve customer service.
- May independently manage small tier accounts and utilize customer systems to gather information or data to support the business.
- Bachelor’s degree with major area(s) of study in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or a closely related field.
- A significant number of years of experience in the Supply Chain field combined with specialized training in Supply Chain Management may be considered in lieu of a completed Bachelor's degree.
- 2-4 years of experience in Supply Chain or a related field is preferred, but new grads with a 4 year degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or a closely related field and some type of Supply Chain experience (i.e. a Supply Chain focused internship) are welcome to apply as well.
- Exceptional customer relationship management skills are required.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite; demonstrated proficiency to use a variety of computer software, such as SAP, Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Sharepoint.
- Ability to become extremely proficient and knowledgeable with customer systems (i.e. Retail Link, E3, Supplier Net, Partners Online, etc.).
- Must possess strong analytical skills with attention to detail, accuracy and proofreading skills being essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required, including oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to support two or more account managers at the same time and balance work load accordingly.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to handle changing priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and willingness to support different accounts when necessary is required.
- The ability to work independently on multiple concurrent projects when necessary will be required for success in this role.