This job is currently Archived,
Supply Assurance Buyer II - United States
Posted on : 23 May 2017
What you'll be doing:
What you'll be doing:
- Helps maximize how the company does business by placing orders for goods and services needed in support of a manufacturing facility, and managing supplier relationships to optimize supply chain efficiency.
- Purchasing of direct materials in support of the manufacturing plan is the primary objective.
- Monitors inventory/stock levels to support production and inventory goals.
- Issues material purchase orders to support production. Identifies and resolves potential supply problems.
- Actively manages workflow in SAP system. Works with appropriate parties to resolve invoice issues to minimize overdue invoices and ensure supply availability.
- Evaluate stocking levels and adjust to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensures products/services get delivered on time and meet quality standards.
- Work with scheduling team to process expedites as necessary to support production.
- Introduce and manage efficiencies through effective purchasing.
- Participates in supplier audits / Business Reviews.
- Monitors cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts.
- May assist with forecasting/MPS.
- Complies with commercial certification programs and applicable safety requirements.
- Maintains files and records related to purchasing activities.
- Process RTV’s (return to vendor) for damage goods, incorrect items sent, goods not meeting company specifications.
What you need for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Supply Chain Management, logistics, Business Administration or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-4 years experience in purchasing or production planning fields
- Experience expediting and issuing purchase orders a plus.
- Coursework towards CPM and/or CPIM certification is preferred.
- Full knowledge and application of the principles and theories of purchasing/materials.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Strong oral and written communication skills, good negotiation skills, and multitasking skills with good organizational skills.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- To all recruitment agencies: Our company does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a company Staffing Representative.