- We have an exciting new opportunity for a Supplier Relationship Manager to join our Global Procurement team.
- This role will report to the Senior Director of Procurement Operations.
- The Supplier Relationship Manager (SRM) will be the primary liaison for our company and its Material or External Manufacturing Suppliers for company’s sites.
- The SRM will work closely with our suppliers to ensure customer service, quality and supply chain standards are met for their assigned category through understanding of domestic and international logistics, shipment tracking etc.
- You will be responsible for coordinating procurement activities for required materials and execution of tactical procurement processes while complying with global procurement policies and procedures, and participating with global sourcing teams
- The SRM position may require minimal day-to-day activities that support material flow to the plants (MRP review, Purchase Order management, etc.)
- Support invoice investigation & resolution, logistics supply chain process, contractual obligations (e.g. volume splits, supplier charge backs, rebates, economic order quantity, cost analysis etc.)
- Site lead for projects that include new product development, alternate sources, and product life cycle management
- Our company and supplier liaison to facilitate the resolution of quality deviations, rejections and advisories
- Review and ensure alignment of supplier specifications, resolve all discrepancies between our company and our supplier (s)
- Responsible for internal and external customer service level requirements, strategic inventory and metrics.
- Understand supplier downtime, communication of potential shortages. Support Sales & Marketing customer promotions.
- Material planning for deliveries to plants (MRP review, purchase order management, inventory management, conversions support, etc.)
- Initiate and support process improvements to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the entire supply chain.
- Primary SME on day to day issues and team lead between Sourcing and Planning.
- This will require either direct supplier interaction or coordination of communication thru PPI.
- Support integration activities for new product lines, new company acquisitions, and SAP implementation
- Bachelor degree is required within the area of business, supply chain, materials management or a related field is preferred
- 3+ years of procurement experience in the Pharma, Food, or Medical Device industry required
- Problem solving skills, sound decision making skills, and demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as on a team, and meet tight deadlines within a fast-paced environment are critical to the position’s success
- Excellent understanding of Good Distribution Practices and possess strong PC skills (word-processing, spreadsheet); SAP experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proven ability to represent our company in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, handle interruptions, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to successfully meet daily goals.
- Strong relationship management skills are essential