Supplier Management Sr Specialist - Ireland
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career
- The role of Supplier Management Sr Specialist will be a high profile position within Supply Chain Management team at our company with responsibility for Supplier Management within the data stewardship organization.
- This includes oversight of the Material Introduction Process, Management of Supplier Complaints and Supplier Change Notifications. Supplier Management Sr Specialist liaises with and builds relationships with the suppliers to ensure that objectives are effectively achieved.
- Supplier Management Sr Specialist is closely aligned with the Senior Buyer and together they jointly present the requirements of the company to the suppliers.
Principle Accountabilities include:
- Oversight of the Material Introduction process at the company ensuring that all suppliers and materials are approved for use on site in compliance with site and Global procedures.
- This involves close collaboration with the Suppliers, Technical Engineering, IPT and Quality teams.
- Management of supplier complaint investigations from initiation through investigation to closure of the report.
- This involves close collaboration with colleagues in SD&PM, the Suppliers, Global Procurement and Quality personnel.
- Management of Supplier Change Notifications, assessing the impact of the changes and progressing through the appropriate process flow to implementation and closure of the change controls.
- Ensure that material files are in compliance with the global standards, the country-specific and the plant standards.
- Act to resolve all issues and discrepancies.
- Responsible for leading and coordinating the Supply Chain Working group to ensure that all Inter company materials are created, approved and shipped to and from our company without issue and for maintaining supply chain maps to reflect expansion of supply chain nodes and any other changes.
- To ensure that objectives are effectively achieved, consistent with Merck's requirements to ensure compliance, safety and reliable supply to our customers.
- Required to drive compliance with Merck Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions.
- Drive continuous improvement by leading and active participation in system failure investigations and investigation reports, execution/development of change control, and contribution to Kaizen events as appropriate. Manage root cause analysis of system failures, substandard equipment performance, using standard tools and methods, to resolve machine and system issues e.g. FMEA, Fishbone diagrams, 5 why’s etc.; oversee and implement subsequent corrective action through the change management system.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Typical Minimum Education and Education:
- Bachelors Degree or higher preferred; ideally in a Science, Engineering or other Technical discipline
- Ideal Candidate will have previous SAP knowledge and experience required
- Lean Six Sigma Methodology experience desired
- Considerable experience in a comparable role; would typically have experience operating as a senior professional and adding considerable value to the business; ideally in a manufacturing, preferably GMP setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and job related computer applications required Report, standards, policy writing skills required SAP knowledge and experience
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to interface effectively with all levels of colleagues in a team environment
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Manager, Consulting, Engineer, ERP, Law, Management, Technology, Engineering, Legal