Supervisory Forensic Chemist Job - Singapore
- Provide expert level of forensic analysis on the testing of suspected counterfeit, diverted, tampered, and other illicit MSD products.
- Evaluate evidence submitted to the Forensic Chemistry Laboratory to provide the best professional scientific examinations.
- Support the development of new analytical methods for counterfeit drug detection, including research and validation of new or existing techniques, procedures, methods, and instruments used in the laboratory.
- Participate in the quality management system and support the quality assurance evaluations through internal and external quality system audits; oversee competency and proficiency testing of staff; initiate corrective and preventative actions; and facilitate the improvement of the laboratory systems.
- Evaluate laboratory procedures, quality standards, and application of best practices to assess system enhancements and incorporate industry advances.
- Maintain internal and external cooperative working relationships through effective written and oral communication.
- Maintain and support evidentiary admissibility standards.
- Compile statistical data and maintain records; write scientific reports; and present and interpret analytical results.
- Testify in court as a subject matter expert witness regarding laboratory operations, physical evidence, forensic results, scientific analysis, and case knowledge. Understand the admissibility complexities of scientific evidence and providing expert testimony.
- Coordinate and collaborate with investigators and law enforcement agencies.
- Serve as a scientific and technical subject matter expert on forensic testing for the detection, identification, and characterization of illicit MSD products.
• Laboratory Management and Organizational Leadership
- Consult with the Laboratory Director to assess laboratory personnel.
- Consult with the Laboratory Director to assess instruments, equipment, and tools are appropriately well maintained and operational to allow for maximum efficiency and protection from evidence contamination. Document proper operation and maintenance of instruments, equipment and tools.
- Manage the operation of the Forensic Chemistry Laboratory; ensuring the examination, analysis, and interpretation of physical evidence meets the appropriate standards in the scientific investigation of pharmaceutical crimes.
- Consult with the laboratory Director to develop short and long term planning strategies based on forensic standards and best scientific practices.
- Demonstrate leadership core competencies.
- Recruit and develop forensic science laboratory workforce to support the Product Integrity and Forensic Services missions.
- Model leadership behaviors within GSAG and in the larger MSD organization
Manage operational expenditures to align with corporate and regional business activities and requirements, ensuring necessary forensic testing capacity and capability, while prioritizing services to identified high security risks for the Company.
Work with the Laboratory Director to provide strong financial stewardship of the Product Integrity budget assuring spending is focused on supporting the mission and does not exceed approved authorized levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in forensic science, chemistry, or related scientific field required. Advanced degree (MS, PhD) strongly preferred
- Seven years of prior relevant laboratory experience.
- Experience in Forensic Sciences
- Demonstrates an expert understanding of the principles and practices, applications, concepts, theories, and limitations of methods associated with forensic science and analytical counterfeit drug detection.
- Able to provide subject matter expert witness testimony based on scientific analysis.
- Demonstrates an expert ability to plan, direct, organize, and coordinate projects. Makes effective decisions or recommendations to resolve and mediate conflicts. Initiates and follows through on projects.
- Demonstrates an ability to identify and analyze problems, identify and evaluate alternative solutions, make decisions or recommendations, resolve problems, and consult with appropriate staff and resources as needed, based on knowledge, experience, and expertise.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with and supporting senior leadership.
- Demonstrated strong cross-functional team leadership abilities and experience.
- Ability to champion new ideas or positions to meet key goals and initiatives.
- Strong commitment to safety and compliance requirements and laboratory accreditation standards.
- Must possess and demonstrate strong leadership, communication, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in highly collaborative and matrixed environment.
- Must be innovative, independent, and able to manage an aggressive workload in a high performing environment.
- Pass a background investigation, including drug screening, for the handling of controlled substances.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Experience in Forensic Sciences
- Experience in a leadership and management
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing and distribution operations (GxP,etc) and counterfeit drug detection and investigations
Job: Quality Lab Related Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Quality Control
Primary Location: APAC-SG-Singapore-Singapore
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Chemist, Pharmaceutical, Scientist, Scientific, Laboratory, Science, Engineering