Supervisor, Laboratory Sciences - United States
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Supervisor, Laboratory Sciences for our Safety Assessment site located in Shrewsbury, MA.
Supervise the operations of assigned laboratories in support of studies. Manage equipment, physical facilities and technical staff. Investigate the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific and pharmaceutical principles and concepts to meet study and company objectives. Plan and execute technical activities of assigned laboratories.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Supervisor, Laboratory Sciences position:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in life science or related discipline.
- Experience: 2-4 years related experience in applicable laboratory environment. Enrollment in or completion of a supervisory/management training program preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Computer proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and data base programs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet