Supervisor Lab Sciences - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Oversee technical and operational performance of the assigned laboratory science department (e.g. analytical chemistry, immunochemistry, immunology, flow cytometry, and/or molecular technology). Provide direct supervision and guidance in the day to day activities of assigned employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee daily operational activities and supervise a group of non-exempt employees. Ensure optimum group performance.
- Ensure accurate, high-quality work and adherence to pertinent departmental policies, practices and procedures [SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols].
- Prioritize workload of assigned group. Ensure daily schedule is accurately prepared.
- Resolve technical and operational issues (e.g. troubleshooting procedural, instrumentation/equipment, technique issues).
- Work with peers and Management to implement new laboratory processes, procedures, and services.
- Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements within the department.
- Manage supplies and inventories for assigned supervisory workgroup.
- Recommend and implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities, and maintain state-of-the-art practices.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and communication of departmental systems and SOPs.
- Responsible for personnel management activities such as: scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
- Recommend short-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans.
- As required, oversee maintenance of group training manual and training records.
- Support the policy of equal employment opportunity through affirmative action in personnel actions.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent in biology, animal science or related field.
- Experience: 3 years experience in an applicable laboratory environment. Enrollment in or completion of a supervisory/management training programpreferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other:Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Computer proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and data base programs.
Equal Employment Opportunity