Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Summary/Scope: The Supervisor of Customer Care is responsible for operational excellence in the execution of day to day tasks as it relates to ensuring compliance by patients, prescribers, and pharmacies with the REMS programs in a call center setting. Directly develops and supervises a team of Customer Care representatives and collaborates with other Supervisors in the call center to ensure consistent and fair implementation of procedures and policies. Responsible for ensuring appropriate staffing levels and accurate scheduling of labor hours is in place to meet Service Metric goals. Shares responsibility with other Supervisors in providing management coverage of call floor 8AM to 8PM, Monday through Friday.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervise daily call center operational functions and responsibilities of representatives to ensure service delivery metrics are met.
- Rotate coverage for evening hours and holidays with peer Supervisory staff to ensure coverage for all hours of operation between 8AM and 8PM.
- Analyze incoming workload and create accurate forecast for staffing and scheduling requirements.
- Create staffing schedules and monitor adherence, reconcile payroll, and coordinate time off the call floor for training, vacation, and project work.
- Recruit and develop representatives by ensuring appropriate training is provided for their role/s, designing SMART goals, closely monitoring development and assessing skill and knowledge level, conducting performance reviews, and effectively designing plans for development.
- Monitor calls to observe employee performance as it applies to service delivery, technical accuracy, and conformity to company and departmental policies.
- Monitor individual, team and call center results to identify and act on both positive and negative performance trends to ensure attainment of performance goals.
- Provide timely feedback through ongoing coaching and development utilizing established coaching and feedback standards within Customer Care.
- Assess performance of representatives to ensure appropriate information is released to the customer in an accurate, consistent manner that complies with FDA regulations, U.S. REMS SOPs, and technical and service delivery standards.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for REMS processes supported by Customer Care and service standards established for Customer Care.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all tasks in order to ensure accuracy and efficiency in performance.
- Maintain correspondence with external partners including Drug Safety, Medical Information, Order Management, Quality Systems, Commercial Team, HR, and other departments regarding Customer Care issues as needed.
- Assist with escalated issues in accordance with documented policies and procedures.
- Assist in the updates of new or existing work instructions and SOPs. Identify, recommend, create, and implement improved documents.
- Compile data and assist with the preparation of routine departmental reports.
- Provide communication and follow up to ensure representatives are fully informed of all new information related to procedures, customer needs, company related issues, changes or actions.
- Maintain harmony among staff and resolve grievances.
- Additional projects or responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 2 years people management experience
- Previous call center experience preferred
- Team-Building and People Management Skills
- Experience with FDA REMS programs a plus
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Occasional travel required (<5%)
- Communication – Effectively conveys ideas and information both verbally and in writing. Consistently and routinely provides feedback to the team on every type of interaction.
- Motivational – Encourages others and self to do more than what is required, has positive impact on outcomes, inspires passion in others through leading by example.
- Accountability – Takes ownership of results regardless of circumstances and to receive feedback and apply it accordingly.
- Teamwork – Works with others in order to achieve a “win/win” to accomplish a common goal.
- Time Management – Prioritizes tasks and takes into consideration other people’s requirements in order to achieve deadlines.
- Critical-Thinking – Ability to collect, apply, analyze and evaluate information to reach an answer or conclusion that considers all variables and seeks to achieve the most beneficial result. Anticipates results, both desirable and undesirable, and integrates into decision-making process.
- Adaptable – Adjusts to change and reacts in an effective manner to shifting circumstances, is a calming force during change, fosters a positive environment.
- Integrity –Ability to be honest, fair and to maintain strong moral principles, uses Advanced Communication Skills (ACS) and addresses issues directly, considers all sides with making decisions, is ethical and above reproach.
- Job Knowledge –Possesses the knowledge of SOPs, work practices, systems, processes, and procedures required to perform the job functions. Collaborates with internal and external partners for guidance with employee relations and legal issues.
- Coaching and Development – Provides guidance, direction, and encouragement during all interactions to promote growth, provides clear accountability structure.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.