This job is currently Archived,
Subject Matter Expert Mass Spectrometry - Netherlands
Posted on : 22 April 2017
- Our company is working to help the world be well.
- Through our medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and animal health products, we work in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions to patients and animals.
- We also demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to health care through far-reaching programs that donate and deliver our products to the people who need them.
- Our company has a workforce of almost 4500 in the Netherlands at three main sites.
- Our company Animal Health develops and produces vaccines and pharmaceutical specialties for livestock, companion animals and fish.
- We have offices in more than 50 countries, sell our products in over 140 markets and operate in a network of manufacturing sites and research and development facilities around the world.
- We are always seeking innovative talents that focus on constant improvement of our products and the way we work. We’re looking for new colleagues who are entrepreneurs and result driven.
- But not only results matter; how you achieve these results is crucial to be successful within company Animal Health as well.
- Our company Animal Health leads the way in veterinary pharmaceuticals.
- The Global Vaccines and Biologics Commercialization (GVBC) supports the commercialization of vaccines and biotechnological derived pipeline products.
- Furthermore, GVBC has a crucial role in supporting vaccines and biologics Lines of Business (LoB) and the Quality Organization.
- These teams are regionally responsible for support to LoB and Quality and introducing new processes and analytical methods into the commercial operations space.
- Reporting into the Team Lead SME’s the Subject Matter Expert Mass Spectrometry holds a Subject Matter Expert (SME) role for mass spectrometry analysis.
- The individual oversees all mass spectrometry efforts from a scientific perspective and is able to translate current thinking and new advances into our analytical portfolio.
- In that role the person establishes and maintains an internal and external network of mass spectrometry experts.
- Furthermore he or she indirectly guides all mass spectrometry related activities in the department and provides significant input into regulatory documents and response to questions.
- This position does not have direct reports.
Roles and responsibilities include:
Scientific and Technical leadership (60% of average time spent)
- Analytical SME, with deep scientific understanding of all mass spectrometry methods used for characterizing biotechnological products;
- Responsible for best scientific practices within the lab space and supports from an extended characterization perspective troubleshooting, process support and life cycle management activities;
- Writes complex technical documentation used for regulatory filings (e.g. Justification of specifications, process characterization summaries);
- Recruitment and supervision of MSc-level students.
- Project leadership (40% of average time spent)
- Participates in cross-functional/global CMC project teams and leads derived subteams (e.g. working groups responsible for analytical or drug substance development workstreams);
- Participates as SME in solving technical problems at an international level;
- Root Cause Analysis lead for significant investigations (regional).
- PhD in biological sciences, biochemistry, or biochemical engineering or equivalent through experience;
- Minimum of 5-10 years relevant experience in protein analytics;
- Significant experience in analytical methodologies for quality control of biotechnological products;
- Strong project management skills & proven ability to manage complex projects;
- Knowledge of regulatory and quality guidelines, and knowledge on CTD format for IND/ BLA/ MAA submissions preferred;
- Excellent analytical and technical skills;
- Demonstrated initiative, and innovative process-oriented thinking within a team environment;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English (required), Dutch or willing to learn Dutch is a plus.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
A good place to work
- Our company is an attractive employer offering interesting opportunities in Research & Development, production and staff departments for an enormous range of disciplines such as biologists, chemists, process engineers, technicians, mechatronic engineers, pharmacists and operators.
- Our company always seeks ‘best-in-class’ employees at all levels.
- We expect a lot from our people and company has a lot to offer them as well.
- Team spirit, entrepreneurship, integrity, leadership and cross-border communication skills are what company values and rewards most.
- If you enjoy being challenged, over and over again, our company will be a good place for you to work.
- We have an excellent fringe benefit program, and we invest heavily in the development of our people.
- Our company gives you plenty of opportunities for individual initiative and responsibility.
Job Segment: Biochemistry, Biotech, Law, Project Manager, Animal Health, Science, Legal, Technology, Veterinary